Author Topic: Looking to modify Galco shoulder rig  (Read 4009 times)

Rkeo

• NRA Life Member
Looking to modify Galco shoulder rig
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »
I have a Galco shoulder rig for my Berretta 92FS and I wish to add tie down straps. At the time I bought it Galco didn't offer the options of tie downs, now of course they do. I'd rather not buy a whole new holster so I am searching for someone who does custom holster work in Sussex county. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Looking to modify Galco shoulder rig
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:21 AM »
How about calling them and see if they will add it for a small fee?  You'd pay a local the fee.

SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

Our telephones and email are answered 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday, MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME excluding major holidays. Galco’s corporate office and factory are not open to the general public for retail sales, repairs or tours.

Galco International
2019 West Quail Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85027

1 (800) 874-2526
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »
Here's some local folks that do excellent work:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paynes-Leather/1451675598403273
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Rkeo

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »
Thanks,
You were right about Galco. They only charged me $15 plus shipping to modify my holster. I just assumed they would say no you need to buy a new holster. Great customer service.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
Glad you are happy with the mods they made for you.  I had no idea what they would do.  It's always worth a phone call.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
Keep in mind that working with leather is not very difficult. But the cost of a Galco may make some think twice.  I modified my Galco vertical myself and it came out great. Added tie-downs both sides.  I also modified an Armadillo hoizontal shoulder rig in a bunch of ways.  Once I got it perfect the gun fell out in public (embarrassing!) but not something I did. So I don't use it any more.
Proud resident of Kent County DE