Author Topic: Giving up on appendix,  (Read 3678 times)

greymas

Giving up on appendix,
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:26:13 AM »
I wanted to like AIWB, in some regards I did. I felt like I could draw much faster, but in any position other than standing upright is just too darn uncomfortable. Bending over to tie shoes or pick something up is tough without being awkward. I have a Stealthgear IWB holster I carry slightly forward of 3 o'clock which is much more comfortable. Anything past 3 seems to print more on my frame from behind.
 I may try and loose a few lbs and try again but I just don't see that making much of a difference in comfort. Do you AIWB carrying folks have any ways to deal with the discomfort of sitting and bending?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Giving up on appendix,
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 06:40:56 AM »
I tried AIWB too but being a little round in the midsection made it uncomfortable.  I do find that the AIWB holster is great for the 3 o'clock position too.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:27:01 PM »
I tried it but was quite uncomfortable so gave up quickly. Maybe for smaller frame folks . I'm 6'1 260lb.

topper

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 01:59:04 AM »
I'm left handed, and I've tried 12:00, 11:00, 10:00, 9:00, 8:00, and I am now trying the 7:30 position. I fear time is running out for me to find a comfortable place.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 11:54:54 AM »
I love appendix carry when I don't plan to sit down. I always sit down. :D
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »
Might want to try carrying behind the back (or 6 O'Clock). this will take a spewcial holster or sometimed a holster of the oppisite had moved to the back works. IE a right handed person wearing a left hand holster behind their back. With approx. 2/3 of Americans being over weight and/or obese this has become a problem for people who carry.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
When I started carrying I tried AIWB for about 15 minutes and went to OWB.  Never looked back.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

LostM

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »
In short, if you are not comfortable carrying appendix, then dont. However, if its a matter of comfort, its ALL about the holster. I ONLY use Haley Strategic/Gcode holsters. they are the only ones that fit right, and have the proper adjustable clips.

At work i AIWB a G17 with x300 surefire, and i love it, at home Ill carry either a G19 or a g43 AIWB.  The G19 has always been run with the gcode holster. the 43 is new to me and i tried a different brand that is slimmer and cheaper- and it needed modifying to get it to be as slim and not print MORE than the G19.

Again, there is no better position to carry than appendix, but if you're not comfortable, dont do it. If you dont want to give up on it just yet, try the Haley/Gcode holsters, i think you'll stick with it

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »
I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs...I tried AIWB carry a few times (HK P30SK, Walther PPS, and Wilson Combat CQB Compact).  None were terribly comfortable for me as I spend a lot of my day sitting and reviewing documents at my desk, driving, or bending down to get into filing cabinets, etc.