Author Topic: Under the radar  (Read 5196 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Under the radar
« on: September 21, 2017, 08:22:46 PM »
after having my permit for about 6 months i decided that no matter where i go or what car/bike i ride, i'm going to have my gun on me. I have never gotten a ticket and had a cop rush up to my cars asking if i have a gun on me, nor have they ever asked to search the vehicle. . I do know i have to tell them, but then again, no you don't. Like i don't have to tell them i have on boxer briefs either. But i'm not one to drive way over the speed limit or drive drunk or just do anything brilliant. I've had my permit almost a year now and none of these things have ever happened nor will they.. if you are a person of suspicion, and or are always in trouble, that would be different. But if i'm driving to MD i'm not gonna go out to my car and make sure there's nothing in it. If i have to defend myself, i will cross that bridge just as if i were in DE.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: Under the radar
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »
after having my permit for about 6 months i decided that no matter where i go or what car/bike i ride, i'm going to have my gun on me. I have never gotten a ticket and had a cop rush up to my cars asking if i have a gun on me, nor have they ever asked to search the vehicle. . I do know i have to tell them, but then again, no you don't. Like i don't have to tell them i have on boxer briefs either. But i'm not one to drive way over the speed limit or drive drunk or just do anything brilliant. I've had my permit almost a year now and none of these things have ever happened nor will they.. if you are a person of suspicion, and or are always in trouble, that would be different. But if i'm driving to MD i'm not gonna go out to my car and make sure there's nothing in it. If i have to defend myself, i will cross that bridge just as if i were in DE.

So you're going to illegally carry while in Maryland??? Your choice, but if something were to happen, goodbye to your right to own a firearm.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 11:03:26 PM »
What Norm said, Md is not a lethal as NJ, but if you get caught, you better have a good lawyer on retainer.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »
Unless I'm going to the range I don't have any firearms in Maryland. Ever. Same for New Jersey.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
all i'm stating is, i'm going to have a gun close.. if i get caught up in something, i want to be prepared. what's the use of owning if you're not going have it with you when it's needed...they aren't toys to just look at in your closet.. i own mine cause i was followed home by a recently released inmate that knew me from work. (work in prison)... so if i cross a state line i shouldn't be able to defend myself? do you think a criminal who has a gun cares pointed at you and your family cares what state he is in while you're standing there wishing you were back in delaware. i know what the laws say, but when you hear the doctor says, i'm sorry but your wife didn't make it. or what is going on in the back of your mind is that she may of had a better chance if you carried.. the world is turning into a much crappier place to be right now. a friend told me her mom who weathered the storm in florida was held at gun point by robbers at her home and they beat her up....not me.. not taking those kinds of chances, not these days

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 04:13:56 PM »
guess i just worry about my safety a little differently.. when you're approached by a sex offender/ rapist, it puts things into perspective a little differently. but then again, you never know who is walking next to you in a crowd

NRA Member

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »
Freakshow I understand what your saying . I often think with my mind and gut feeling also... The problem is you will be on the other side of the fence if caught in Md cc. Right or wrong that's the way it is . We can o my hope national reciprocal will pass.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 02:35:52 AM »
yeah, you guy's are right

NRA Member

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
I really can't recommend CC'ing in MD at all.  It's not NJ, but it's still bad enough that you'll wind up being a convicted felon if caught.  Keep in mind, carrying concealed without a license is a strict liability offense.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
Also, if you are convicted for a felony, you will lose your right to own any firearms for the rest of your life.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »
so walk around armed here, but not there , there, or there.

NRA Member

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »
Or don't go there, there or there.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 04:17:20 PM »
I know, i get it. i work in prison so i'm not about to get put in here

NRA Member

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »
Or don't go there, there or there.
Glass half full, glass half empty. I lived in MD for more than 20 years. The fact that I can carry in DE far outweighs the irritation of not carrying in MD on occasion.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Tonym

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »
Why did you even bother to get your DE permit then?