Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 5053 times)

Just A Fella

New to the group
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »
Thanks for the add. My wife and I just got our permits early this year. So much good info on this forum, thanks to all who openly share!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: New to the group
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 04:14:58 PM »
Welcome & congrats
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 05:41:27 PM »
Welcome!
Congratulations to you and your wife. Which county are you in, and how did you find the process to be?
New Castle County

Just A Fella

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
New Castle County. We took our class at Trinity Tactical and someone in the group mentioned this forum. I am new to concealed carry but have been shooting and hunting all my life. My father was lifelong LEO and my uncle was PA game commission. Prior to taking the CCW class my wife had never fired a handgun, we shoot regularly now, trying out different ranges. I carry a G19 4th gen, my wife carries a S&W M&P shield.  At first I was a little surprised that she wanted to carry every day, she complains a bit about her purse being heavy (I said your shield is just reminding you its there...haha)   However she has felt the need to present her knife on two occasions this year...once sitting in the drive-thru at an ice cream shop, and once in a grocery store parking lot. Both times police were called, both times told by police she did the right thing...kinda proud of her...

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
Welcome to the group
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 09:30:33 PM »
welcome  :)

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 01:29:03 AM »
Welcome aboard Fella  ;D
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 02:01:52 AM »
Welcome @justafella and @wonderwife. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

airman1968

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »
Welcome to you both.....
U.S. Air Force Vietnam Veteran
CCDW Delaware, CCW from Ut,Fl,Az,Ma.
NRA Life member
Life Member VFW
Life Member DAV

topper

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »
New Castle County. We took our class at Trinity Tactical and someone in the group mentioned this forum. I am new to concealed carry but have been shooting and hunting all my life. My father was lifelong LEO and my uncle was PA game commission. Prior to taking the CCW class my wife had never fired a handgun, we shoot regularly now, trying out different ranges. I carry a G19 4th gen, my wife carries a S&W M&P shield.  At first I was a little surprised that she wanted to carry every day, she complains a bit about her purse being heavy (I said your shield is just reminding you its there...haha)   However she has felt the need to present her knife on two occasions this year...once sitting in the drive-thru at an ice cream shop, and once in a grocery store parking lot. Both times police were called, both times told by police she did the right thing...kinda proud of her...

Welcome to the group. My wife is considering getting her CCW, so this incident may help to motivate her. Did these by any chance take place in Middletown?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

Just A Fella

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
topper,  no, in the newark area

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
Welcome to you and your wife.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

BnOGuy

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 01:37:38 AM »
Evening folks, I recently purchased a handgun and took two basic firearm handling courses at TSS. I will soon be applying for my Concealed carry permit.  Looking forward to reviewing the various topics, how to best go through the CCW process and instructors recommended. 
I bought a S&W SD9VE. Very happy with it and can put a hurting on a paper plate at 10 yds.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
welcome