Author Topic: Delaware Access Pass  (Read 5972 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Delaware Access Pass
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:40:47 PM »
Did you know you needs a $32.50 pass to goto a State of Delaware forest or park to hunt, photograph or even bird watch? Law quietly passed and put in effect in July 2017.

http://dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/fish-wildlife/conservation-access-pass/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Delaware Access Pass
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:49:35 PM »
State wildlife areas you do need one. I’m pretty sure State forest areas are exempt . If you have 2 vehicles you have to buy 2... the pass is only good for 1 vehicle. Every year I get hunting lic for me and my son . Every year the prices go up or some new thing they add. You need a lawyer and a briefcase of paperwork to keep up with all the crap you need to hunt in this state anymore.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:15:05 PM »
Yep, keep votin' democrat..................... >:(
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 12:18:38 AM »
DNREC explained everything at Delmarva Outdoor Expo back in April.
They were down in Harrington and went over a bunch of things and that was one of them.
Good thing for me is I don't hunt, photograph or even bird watch  ;D
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:53:25 AM »
Fyi dnrec keeps track of who has a lic also other things . I purchased a trapping lic again this year and they had me fill out a form asking questions like do you plan to trap etc etc. I answered no I don’t plan to trap . Well about 2 weeks later I received a call from dnrec asking why I don’t plan to trap?? I explained I work a lot and mainly only buy the lic to support trapping in the State. Also I don’t “plan “ on trapping but may if I get time to take a kid out and let them experience it . I was informed that I need to put that on the questionare?? I ask what does it matter ? She said that they track a lot of info they get?( I guess to justify more employees)? If you are a De resident I remember when hunting lic was under $10 . Now it cost a resident over $100 by the time you get all the lic,passes , stamps, deer tags, State blind use permit etc, etc, and there’s less wildlife now than I ever remember . Sorry but I don’t see where all this extra $$ is helping anything but maybe more employees. It’s funny they say they have no money but they never let a piece of land go by because of no money. Maybe they should sell off some land so they can make some $ and wouldn’t need so many employees to cut the grass....

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
Muleman,
I think if you go back and check, you'll find it says you can use 1 pass for more than 1 vehicle as long as they are registered to the person on the permit. Hope this helps.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »
Muleman,
I think if you go back and check, you'll find it says you can use 1 pass for more than 1 vehicle as long as they are registered to the person on the permit. Hope this helps.
I checked. I have a low hunting lic # and have to renew by mail . I talked to the lady at dnrec because I have 2 vehicles and may use 1 or the other depending on what I’m doing or how many of us are hunting . She said the pass is only good for 1 vehicle which she’s correct it has the vehicle info on it and you have to leave it on your dash when your on a designated area. It’s all about more $$ for the State . My experience over the years it just adds more bureaucracy to the system and isn’t helping wildlife at all. I’m in a position that I can stop buying hunting lic and just hunt at home , then I don’t need a vehicle pass either. As for another example you used to hunt on your property (no lic) and get a deer , Use paper to put your info on it and register it . Now you have to have a hunters exempt number, then poss buy deer tags to hunt on your own land. O and don’t try to get your info on an iPhone or Mac because their system isn’t compatible . If it doesn’t print correctly YOU have to $$ them and wait for them to send you your copy ...

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »
The Pass can be transferred to another vehicler for $10.00, if owned by the same person. Like if you buy another car, or want to transfer it to another car you own. But , not just to jump back and forth to several vehicles you own, like if you own 2,3, or 4 vehicles.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:32:56 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

563jack

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:59 AM »
It seems that it pertains to everything except fishing. Is that correct or do I have to get a Conservation pass so I can park my car In Lewis or Cape Henlopen to stripper fish. What about accessing Primehook freshwater fishing from private land? Jeez this sucks! I'll hunt on my property in South Carolina, lots of room there at a lot cheeper price.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »

Read about the access pass and how to transfer it:

http://www.eregulations.com/delaware/hunting/hunting-licenses-permits/

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

563jack

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »
Strum-Ruger
I read the post you supplied and from what I read it says if you drive on the property to hunt, birdwatch or whatever you need this Delaware Access Pass. How about if you park on a public road or private property then walk onto the state designated areas do you still have to have an Access pass. Everything I read is all about the vehicle. ??? Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see what they say, or do you think you know the answer already.

563jack

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
I went and checked it out again and here's what I found
The Conservation Access Pass will be required for entry to the following State Wildlife Areas. Tidal and non-tidal fishing and boating access areas listed in the Delaware Fishing Guide do not require a Conservation Access Pass,except for certain non-fishing, non-boating uses at Assawoman Wildlife Area (listed below).

563jack

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 01:09:53 AM »
O Tay,
     I talked with a person at DNREC about the Conservation pass. She said it pertains to everything except fishing. She also said it is only required if you drive your vehicle on the designated property.

tz9x21

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 04:01:42 AM »
At the risk of being crucified on this thread, I feel an explanation is in order.
The reason this was put into place was partly at the request of hunters. When you purchase a hunting license, part of that goes to maintain State Forests and State Wildlife areas.
Up until this year, hunters were the only people paying for this. After purchasing your hunting license, if you wanted to use the Wildlife areas, you still had to pay for things such as blind fees, ramp fees etc.
Meanwhile, bird watchers, photographers, hikers, geo-cachers, horseback riders and anyone else could use these areas free of charge. But hunters were the only ones paying the bills
So we hunters asked DNREC to start charging fees to other users. Why should hunters be the only ones paying the bills?
If you read the regulations, purchasing a hunting license gets you a pass.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
If it is to help maintain state forest and wildlife areas why don’t you need the pass for using state forest areas? As far as I know the forest areas are a more multi use areas such as horseback , hiking , camping etc ? I’m sure the state will figure this out and add that fee to those users also over time. Sorry I have just seen way to many fees added over the years for hunting and less game that their used to be . If I spend more $ I like to see a return. For an example my son got a deer for youth day (private land) so when we called the # to check it in all we could get was a recording saying all circuits were busy?? We never could get through I assume the system was down. Next we tried to register it online with my phone well evidently the system doesn’t completely work with an iPhone since we couldn’t pick the zone we were hunting in and could not move to next step.. After my wife finally went and got her laptop we finally were able to register the deer . If we are paying more $ to the state I would appreciate a system that works to do what we’re mandated to do.