Author Topic: CCW charges filed.  (Read 14150 times)

Taurus221

• NRA member
CCW charges filed.
« on: February 15, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »
From the News Journal 2/15/09:    GUN CHARGE FILED: A 21-year-old Wilmington man who asked officers for a ride home early Saturday was arrested for carrying a concealed handgun, police said. Andrew Saeger of the 300 block of Shipley Road approached two New Castle County police officers about 4:30 a.m. at the Wawa on Philadelphia Pike in Claymont and asked if they could give him and his brother a ride, said police Cpl. Trinidad Navarro. The officers said they would because they were not on an active call. As a precaution, they patted down the two and found Saeger was carrying a loaded .45-caliber handgun. Saeger does not have a permit to carry a gun and was charged with one count of carrying a concealed deadly weapon. His brother was not charged. Saeger's arraignment is pending.

Now we all know how the News Urinal feels about this. Not sure how everyone else feels about this. In most states he would be arrested. In VT and AK, this is allowed.
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: CCW charges filed.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »
I read this on-line earlier in the day. This guy is an genius.  The police were 100% right for frisking him before he got into the car.  If this guy could legally own a gun and carried it out in the open he would have been fine, assuming that he was not in an intoxicated or drug induced state.  After verifying his status the police would probably have given him the ride and just kept the weapon in the front seat. 

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »
I don't know this guyLets face it, our parents were right, nothing good is going on that late at night. If you are out at 4:30 in the morning walking what are you doing? Not going to work, he needed a ride home! Leaving a party and not driving? Shouldn't have your gun on you then anyway! It is these kind of people that often times give the rest of us a bad name.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:50 PM »
I say euthinize brilliant people
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
I say euthinize brilliant people

We could ..... but then who would the conservatives have to argue with?  ;D

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

plasticman

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:41:09 AM »
Like napolean dynamite says "genius"!  ;D

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:14:24 PM »
genius! 

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »
Zombie thread is alive....  from 2009
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
Yeah, I was working from home all day and I was reading some old posts that I haven't read before I joined the forum.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
Do not allow them to breed. It would be easy for me to manage my anger, if other people managed their stupidity.

chriswalrath

• NRA Lifetime Member - Delaware CCW Holder
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »
One of these days folks will read the laws and understand that which they are and are not allowed to do.  Otherwise, the criminals will get some brains and not ask for a ride from the Po-Po.  Or better yet, they'll repent and become productive citizens.  One can only hope.
I, Christopher Walrath, do solemnly swear to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, so help me God.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for al