Author Topic: Not Time For Compromise?  (Read 6906 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Not Time For Compromise?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »
I just watched a video where a guy uses his semi auto rifle without a bump stock. He keeps his finger (stiff) in the trigger guard after the first shot and uses the recoil of the rifle to rapid fire. Turns out the bump stock is really a not an issue after watching the video. It doesn't seem accurate but can be done. Probably easier with a 5.56.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=don%27t+need+a++bump+stock+for+automatic&&view=detail&mid=09907C8E3471D81CA47D09907C8E3471D81CA47D&FORM=VRDGAR
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 12:44:18 AM »
Now they will want to outlaw stiff fingers  ;D

ThePixelated

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »
Now they will want to outlaw stiff fingers  ;D

That's the problem with this new proposed bill. If you are caught with a stick, piece of plastic or your finger & belt loop, you are basically in possession of a "rate increasing device", which under this new bill you now make you a criminal and charged with a felony. The bill is too vague. That is the PROBLEM. Anyone quitting the NRA are idiots. We need to support the NRA to fight against this bill. They are the biggest voice gun owners have in this fight. But you need to fight it too. Contact all of the Congresspeople that are co-sponsoring this bill and OURS in DC! They need to hear from more people that are against this bill than are for it.

Go to https://www.firearmspolicy.org/hr_3999_republican_semi_auto_ban (also http://gopgunban.com)and let the Congresspeople know that we are against H.R. 3999!

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Of course I'd love suppressors and CCW reciprocity. Suppressors DO NOT silence a firearm when it's shot. That's Hollywood horse pucky fantasy. Suppressors are great to suppress firearms when shot. I've fired a few recently and it was amazing how much more quieter they make the firearms. Yes, you don't need ear pro most of the time when using suppressors, but they will not blow your ear drums out if you're standing next to a suppressed firearm being fired. I know people from a few companies that make suppressors and see their sales all of the time (even paying for the $200 tax stamp) and I'm always disappointed that I can't buy one since I'm in Delaware (yeah I could move, but finding a job is the hardest part right now - I can't even find a new job in DE for what I do).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:20:14 PM by ThePixelated »

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »
Nice read on suppressors.  http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/oct/07/spokane-police-will-add-suppressors-to-rifles-citi/#/0

The type of rifle that is used by the department produces a gunshot that can reach 152 decibels, said Maj. Eric Olsen, who briefed the council on the purchase of the devices. The suppressors the department purchased, manufactured by Boise-based firm Gemtech, reduce the noise level to 134 decibels, which is still louder than the whir of a chain saw. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration identifies any exposure to sound greater than 140 decibels as creating a risk for irreparable hearing damage.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:20:30 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.