Poll

Should I purchase my gun for the gun safety course or use there’s? Which is least expensive?

Purchase my own gun and ammo
7 (100%)
Use gun provided by facility
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: New User from New Castle County  (Read 2690 times)

mhatche3

New User from New Castle County
« on: October 23, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Good afternoon guys!

I am new to the forum and I put my ccdw application into the King St Prothonotary Office today as well. I don’t own a gun yet but I plan on purchasing one in the very near future. I am waiting to see if I am approved for a Delaware gun permit in New Castle County. I know I have to complete an approved weapons course but I don’t know if I should use a provide weapon at the facility or should I purchase my own to save money. I also haven’t chosen a facility to take my course yet. Any advice at all is greatly appreciated! Have a great day guys!

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: New User from New Castle County
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
If you are going to carry you as well buy a pistol and get used to shooting it including during your class. You will get your permit if you have a clean record, no doubt. As for available weapons courses you will hear from many here soon. There are many opinions and options.

I went to Federal Firearms in Middletown for a handgun purchase and highly recommend you purchase one there. Chris is a great guy and full if knowledge. You will not be sorry. Good luck.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

mhatche3

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:34:24 AM »
Thank you so much for your feedback! I don’t have any charges that I have been convicted of but I did have to take a drug diversion course because I was arrested for less than a gram of marijuana in 2012 and that course kept me from being convicted of a misdemeanor. Besides that, I have nothing on my record. Idk how the attorney general or the courts will look at that when making their decision...

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
I went to Federal Firearms in Middletown for a handgun purchase and highly recommend you purchase one there. Chris is a great guy and full if knowledge. You will not be sorry. Good luck.

+1 on Federal Firearms!

If you want a name/number of the States' investigator PM me.
You could ask him your questions.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum and

+10 on Federal Firearms, you will enjoy the trip.
New Castle County

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
welcome to the forum...great bunch of guys and gals here and lots of knowledge....any questions let me know happy to help out