Delaware Concealed Carry Forum
October 23, 2018, 06:52:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will Drug Diversion Keep Me From a CCDW Lisense ?
Yes - 5 (33.3%)
No - 1 (6.7%)
Maybe - 3 (20%)
I donít know - 6 (40%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drug Diversion  (Read 950 times)
mhatche3

« on: October 23, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »

I recently submitted my CCDW application in New Castle County at the King St prothonotary office. I was arrested for less than a gram of marijuana in 2013 and the Drug Diversion course kept me from being convicted of a misdemeanor so I have no convictions on my record. Besides that, I have nothing on my record. Idk how the attorney general or the courts will look at that when making their decision... What do you guys think?
Clarence
Life Member

Liberty and Independence

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 03:06:35 AM »

Hard to say.  It's fairly recent.  Of course if you owned a gun at the time you would have been in violation of federal law.  You will just have to see what happens.  Some have suggested a call to the AG office.  They make a reccomendation but ultimately it is up to the judge. They most always go with the AG but you can appeal and get a hearing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:09:59 AM by Clarence » Logged

DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.
rikwick

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »

Of course every case is different, but more than likely you will be denied.  If so, I would appeal, get yourself in front of Judge Cooch and try to say how long ago that it was.    He may still deny but I also think the judge will deny without prejudice telling you to reapply in a year or two. Good luck.
MarcWinkman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:17:03 PM »

In my professional assessment, of its within the past 10 years, yes. If you want to explore further, shoot me a PM.
mhatche3

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 08:14:38 AM »

So itís been about 3 months and I was approved for my ccdw license! I just have to take the gun course at this point. It looks like Drug Diversion, which helped me duck a misdemeanor, wonít keep you from getting your ccdw. Iím very excited!
PPScarry
Life Member

del ccdw license holder - NRA member

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 08:40:48 AM »

congrats!

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer
Clarence
Life Member

Liberty and Independence

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »

Congratulations.

DE PA VA AZ FL ccw. NRA Life Member.

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.
mhatche3

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »

Thanks guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: