Poll

Will Drug Diversion Keep Me From a CCDW Lisense ?

Yes
5 (33.3%)
No
1 (6.7%)
Maybe
3 (20%)
I don’t know
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Drug Diversion  (Read 3898 times)

mhatche3

Drug Diversion
« on: October 24, 2017, 02:52:22 AM »
I recently submitted my CCDW application in New Castle County at the King St prothonotary office. I was arrested for less than a gram of marijuana in 2013 and the Drug Diversion course kept me from being convicted of a misdemeanor so I have no convictions on my record. Besides that, I have nothing on my record. Idk how the attorney general or the courts will look at that when making their decision... What do you guys think?

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Drug Diversion
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:06:35 AM »
Hard to say.  It's fairly recent.  Of course if you owned a gun at the time you would have been in violation of federal law.  You will just have to see what happens.  Some have suggested a call to the AG office.  They make a reccomendation but ultimately it is up to the judge. They most always go with the AG but you can appeal and get a hearing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:09:59 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

rikwick

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 10:41:12 PM »
Of course every case is different, but more than likely you will be denied.  If so, I would appeal, get yourself in front of Judge Cooch and try to say how long ago that it was.    He may still deny but I also think the judge will deny without prejudice telling you to reapply in a year or two. Good luck.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »
In my professional assessment, of its within the past 10 years, yes. If you want to explore further, shoot me a PM.

mhatche3

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »
So it’s been about 3 months and I was approved for my ccdw license! I just have to take the gun course at this point. It looks like Drug Diversion, which helped me duck a misdemeanor, won’t keep you from getting your ccdw. I’m very excited!

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 02:40:48 PM »
congrats!
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:26:02 PM »
Congratulations.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

mhatche3