Author Topic: Rock Island  (Read 3654 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Rock Island
« on: November 01, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »
Looking at the Rock Island Ultra Tactical. Anyone have one. Opinions on Rock Island firearms in general.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

563jack

Re: Rock Island
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »
I purchased a Rock Island M1911 A1 FS in 9 mm. I believe the tactical is in 45 cal. I love the gun and I carry it a lot while I'm on my property in S.C. I put over 2000 rounds thru it without a single problem and I think its as tight now as it was when I first purchased it. Easy to sight and a very light smooth trigger. Real nice weapon that I would recommend to anyone. If you would like to try it I could meet you at Shooters Choice. Just say when.

Fishhunter911

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »
I have the same as 563Jack and love it. Never a failure in the over 1000 rounds I have feed it. Mixture of FMJ and JHP.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
I'm looking to get the ultra tactical cs. i like the 3.5 barrel length and not having te bushing to deal with. Watched a few videos and they seem to preform well, plus they have a lifetime warranty. The owner say he doesn't believe in selling one for over 1,000 bucks. So of course i like the prices too. I had a FS Spring Field Loaded in stainless. But the thing was so heavy. It shot great, but i felt it would never leave my closet. That's why i like the compact version, i want to carry in every now and then. I have an M&P shield 45, but i really like the Rock Island.

NRA Member

563jack

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »
Hey FreakShow, Mine is not an EDC but when the cooler weather comes around I wear it under my jacket in an OWB holster. Yes it is heavy but I like the way it feels when I'm on my bike or walking around with it. I don't recall reading or seeing anything negative about Rock Island.Good luck and let us know how things work out with your new purchase.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 02:29:02 AM »
Thanks, i appreciate the reply's. And i will. Going hunting around to different shops this weekend to see if i can put my hands on one before i order from Chris

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 12:54:20 AM »
was down at a gun store new Lewis, they had a compact Cold 1911 in stainless but it was used, no box, only one mag and the previous owner engraved his initials in the back end of the gun. 750. i had to walk away. just didn't want some other guys name on it. no warranty. just wasn't feeling it

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »
Saw a guy with a used compact Kimber today at a class. It kept failing, the instructor said it was a bad extractor.. Still a nice gun, felt good in my hand and not really that heavy. But i'm still going for the rock island

NRA Member

Tonym

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 01:22:54 AM »
I had a rock island. One day while shooting it the hammer cracked smooth of. But they sent me a new one in the mail for free, but im sure its the same cheap steel

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:27 AM »
well, put it in and try it. no use in crying about something before trying it

NRA Member