Author Topic: Question  (Read 9276 times)

parksrob

Question
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »
I currently have a Arizona drivers license and Arizona CCW.  I plan on moving to Newark only to finish my last year of college when that's complete I plan on moving out of the state.  I will not be changing my drivers license to a Delaware license.  My question is if I keep my Arizona drivers license, is my Arizona CCW valid even if I haven't lived in Arizona for a year or more because of attending school in DE?  I'm guessing I would be fine because a street cop wouldn't be able to tell how long iIve been in the state especially if i have a Arizona license.   sorry if its confusing.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »
No, law enforcement wouldn't be able to tell how long you've been in the state. However, the first mistake you could make is to lie to a law enforcement officer here.  You'd lose your permit in AZ more than likely and frankly, there's no reason to do so.  If you've got your AZ permit, that should allow you to carry here in DE.  HOWEVER, if you're going to be here in DE for longer than a year, Id say you need to really do some digging (and calling) to make sure that you'll be covered.  The AG's website says those "visiting or traveling through" have reciprocity. 

I personally don't see any issue with it, just be sure to do your homework.  Make a few phone calls to double check.

just my two cents.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
I agree with Moosie, call the AG's office in DE or AZ and just confirm that you will be ok.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hank

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »
Hi all.
Now my two cents.
I totaly agree with Moosie & Sig, Better safe than sorry. Screw ups never go away, they will fellow you around all your life, so do It right the first time, just as you are doing by asking here first. For one or two phone calls, that's cheep, and get names, just who told you what!!! That's something I always forget to do. Don't ever lie to the police, that's a very big No-No. Good luck.
Semper Fi all. Hank