Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 4136 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Need Help
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Need help making up my mind. Trying to decided on which gun to buy and in which caliber. Narrowed down to a Rock Island Ultra Tactical CS or a Spring Field Ranger Officer Elite. Also can't mak a decision on which caliber to go with.. i already own a Mod2 9mm and a M&P Shield 45, also a S&W SD9VE.. But i want another 191. I had a Spring Field Loaded FS in stainless but sold it. It was just to heavy, although it shot nice and i miss that. So i've put my hands on a few of the compacts and i like the size and weight... i do know the RI is a 3.5 inch as opposed to the 4 inch SA, and there is a couple ounces different in weight.. All the video's i've watched of the RI look good. Still want to watch some on the SA. They both have some of the same features, i like the ambi safety since i'm a lefty.. and the price difference is a couple hundred, no concern..Opinions please. 
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:24:40 PM »
IMHO, large caliber small guns are really painful to shoot, reducing your accuracy.  It takes a lot of practice with one to become proficient.  I know what Radnor would choose, a big mutha .45 that holds a ton of ammo!!!!!  I like my 1911's, but carry a S&W 639 in 38+P.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:56 PM »
i never have any trouble shooting my Shield 45, so that's not an issue

NRA Member

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:25 AM »
I would recommend the Springfield....i like my 1911 to be 45 but if you're going to shoot a lot 9mm is not a bad way to go.....many 3 inch 1911 have been problematic....as you saw recently...kimbers have been nothing but trouble in the shorties..fll size have been ok...if you want reliability go with sa

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:02:13 AM »
it is my own Christmas present to me. And my wife always tells me, if you have to pay a little more for better quality it's better in the long run. So i had better listen to her and Chris, lol.

NRA Member

Packing_Nine

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 01:28:54 PM »
...but carry a S&W 639 in 38+P.

I thought the 639 was 9x19, semi-auto? The 638 is the J frame revolver with the funny camelback hump and the semi-shrouded hammer.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
Happy wife, happy life

Packing_Nine

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 01:30:15 PM »
Happy wife, happy life

Happy husband... oh wait. Nothing rhymes with husband.  ;D

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
Happy wife, happy life

From the good smell of what was being cooked in the kitchen, i can see who is the happy one.

NRA Member

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:30 PM »
Happy wife, happy life

From the good smell of what was being cooked in the kitchen, i can see who is the happy one.

LOL...you can have dinner with us any time

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »
Had a great day at Federal Firearms on Saturday. Nice shooting the feces with people and had a good conversation with Chris and his wife.  Bought a Ruger 10/22 for my wife and ordered a Springfield 1911 RO compact for me. Will be waiting for the call later this week.

NRA Member