Author Topic: Walther PPS M2  (Read 3741 times)

Cutter

Walther PPS M2
« on: November 08, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »
Good morning, my wife has trouble racking her new Walther and I’m wondering if there is a spring that is available for the Walther that she could rack easier...but would be just as effective.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Walther PPS M2
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »
My wife's trouble racking came down to technique. Once she learned to hold the slide and push the frame her troubles were over. She was holding the frame and pulling the slide. After some practice she can rack any pistol. Hope this helps. She was so frustrated she was looking at revolvers.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trouble+racking+the+slide&&view=detail&mid=710A49AF327524EEB023710A49AF327524EEB023&FORM=VRDGAR
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:57:49 PM by PPScarry »
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Packing_Nine

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 03:51:16 PM »
Some people like to use the "slingshot" (?) technique, where you pinch the back end of the slide between your thumb and the knuckle of your forefinger. But, this requires a fair amount of strength in your hand.

Many advise it is preferable to grasp the slide between the tips of your fingers and the heel of the hand ("power grip"). Most people will find they have much greater strength with this kind of grip. Then, you can either pull back with your grasping hand, or push forward with the hand on the grip of the weapon, or a combination of both.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:54:05 PM by Packing_Nine »

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
cutter..once she puts 400 or so rounds through it it will loosen up..

Cutter

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »
Thanks for the ideas!

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:30:05 PM »
try holding the slide on the front. it's easier for me to do it that way. being diabetic i have some numbing in my hands
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »
Dealing with some arthritis in my thumb joints, my grip strength isn't what it use to be. The downward push while holding the slide works for me. I guess if it gets too bad, I can always go wheel gun

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 02:03:12 PM »
As Chris mentioned, it will loosen up after a couple hundred rounds, but it is also immensely helpful if you run the slide by power stroking (i.e. grab the slide with your palm and fingertips on the opposite side) rather than using the slingshot (pinch between thumb and knuckle of forefinger).  Something else to keep in mind is that the smaller the gun, the more stout the recoil spring, and hence the greater the effort needed to run the slide.  I really wouldn't recommend fussing about with the different recoil spring weights as there is a possibility it could adversely affect reliability and proper function. 

AudiQ

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 11:36:08 PM »
Look at this site. Written by a woman for women.https://www.corneredcat.com/
Endeavor to persevere