Author Topic: Springfield RO elite 1911 compact  (Read 4203 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Springfield RO elite 1911 compact
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:23:03 PM »
Just bought one from Chris last week. Wow this gun feels great in my hand. Now, the left side grip has a spot for your thumb for the mag release., don't use it beings i'm a lefty, but the grips themselves feel great. I bought the 9mm. Before owning it i was not the best shot, but have been practicing with a lazer dry firing gun and have improved a bunch. But this shot fantastic right out of the box/bag. It came in a box, but was really in a range bag with 4 eight round mags, holster, mag holder, lock, cleaning tools,extra sight filaments and the bag itself is nice. At 15 yards i was hitting dead center. With the weight of the gun there was minimal recoil. Even though the mags are only eight rounds i intend to carry this gun, but will trade off with my Mod2 also in 9mm.

since the holster is for a right handed person, i will mail it to anyone who wants it for free. i'm not gonna use it. no sense in it going to sit in a box
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

SteveMiller

Re: Springfield RO elite 1911 compact
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
Thanks for the review.  Shot one once and liked and keep thinking about it.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »
The champion is also pretty much the same thing but a half inch taller and you get 9 shot mags which is good too. but i like the way this feels in my hand. the grip are thinner which makes it easier to hold onto. I will post a picture tonight.

NRA Member

Packing_Nine

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:15:01 PM »
I've been thinking about a 1911 for quite a while. Maybe I should have a look at one of these.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »
I looked at every video I could for a month before I decided on what I wanted. Looked at the rock island for a while but then talked to Chris about it and he steered me in the right direction. I couldn't be happier. Like I said this is going to be one of my main carry guns. Although it has some weight to it, it's really not that bad. I use a belly band, but thinking I should get a regular OWB holster for it.

NRA Member

Packing_Nine

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 03:15:11 AM »
...thinking I should get a regular OWB holster for it.

I carry in a Gould & Goodrich three slot pancake holster for my P226. It was very reasonably priced, and of quite high quality. I recall I purchased it through Quartermaster. Maybe give them a look?

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 03:21:48 AM »
have been looking at these. pretty simple. i like the carbon fiber.
http://www.rawdogtactical.com/the-guardian/

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »
Here are some pics of it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

NRA Member