Author Topic: this thing is flimsy  (Read 8792 times)

glock9

Re: this thing is flimsy
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 01:05:18 AM »
i cut mine open and went to staples, they hot laminate it for $1.00.. better then ever

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
Thanks for the info, Glock9!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

czer

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 05:53:07 PM »
glock9, when you removed the card from its DE plastic holder, did you trim the edges of the license ? When you laminated it, didn't it also leave a plastic overhang, or edge that still made the whole thing larger than the license? This thing is too big for me too!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 06:30:16 PM »
The actual permit is two of those home-printed business cards, printed side by side and folded together at the perforation. Before laminating, it is 3.5" wide by 2" high; the crude laminate job makes it too wide for most wallets.

The day mine arrived, I tried to trim the original laminate... and it came apart, helpfully dumping the cards out without damaging them.
I carefully trimmed about 1/8" off mine with a paper slicer. The D.I.Y. laminating pouches I bought at Staples added that back to it after more careful trimming, and it fits into my wallet OK now.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »
Is it possible to get a copy store to shrink the actual permit and laminate it so it would fit in a wallet easier?