Author Topic: Transfer Hand Gun  (Read 2273 times)

WISECU

Transfer Hand Gun
« on: November 29, 2017, 04:53:45 PM »
Hi everyone.

I am new to posting as most of the time I can find the answer.  There is other links but looking for some clearer more current opinions.

My daughter and her husband just moved to upstate NY.  My son-in-law is in the military and just reported/moved in the last 30 days.

Here is the problem that we discover............he owns a pistol and finds out he can NOT have in possession in his home a pistol without a permit/license.  So until he gets that he needs to transfer to me.  So he is in a panic to get it to me here in Delaware.  The quickest way requires him to turn in/surrender to MP station to hold for a FFL who picks up from them to send or get to me.  My understanding is this happens all the time.  Now my assumption is that this will be treated just like a sale/transfer?  He has to pay $15 for pick up fee, $30 for transfer fee plus the shipping cost.  I assume then it would be sent to a FFL here in Delaware that I would pickup from after pay the fees and then I go through a back ground check.  I do have a DECCW permit.  Does this seem correct and if so can you suggest FFL?

Thanks for the help and great place to get information!!

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Transfer Hand Gun
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 02:59:13 AM »
I would suggest Chris of Federal Firearms.

Lucky he is in military and can turn in to MP.  If he were a civilian and turned in to police at minimum he would lose the gun. In many counties he would be jailed.

New York is the worst.  You may not bring a handgun into the state without a license.  Period

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:00:58 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

WISECU

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
Thanks

I did email Chris.  Fast response and communication.  Great guy.  We will be using him to handle. 

Yea after reading more on NY laws and other online reading it is sad to find out it is a big PERIOD.  BUT lesson learn here is to always check the state you move to and travel in or through.  Which I usually do but should have questioned my son about.  What is even worse is he was here for the holidays for some range time and could have just left it with me then.

Thanks again for your help.

Sinker

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 02:55:13 PM »
Chris comes through again!

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
In New York there is a handgun ban. You may only hold handguns under license.  All handguns are registered under this license and the license can be revoked or modified anytime Government sees fit.

As a matter of fact, if you possess  a legal handgun in New York City, you may not take it out of the city without permission.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

WISECU

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »
Just an update.

We used Chris at Federal Firearms last week for the transfer and everything was smooth. 

Heck of a nice guy and lot to offer. 

I will be doing business with Chris as much as possible.  ****Highly recommend for all your needs!!!

Thanks for the suggestion!!