Author Topic: Question about malls  (Read 4712 times)

leftofcenter

Question about malls
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:17:42 AM »
Don't go to malls often but with the holiday season here I may be called upon to visit. The sticky lists both Dover and Christiana as prohibiting firearms, which I knew. Although concealed is concealed, right? But it has a remark about carrying at your own risk at Christiana. What's different about Christiana Mall?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Question about malls
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
I have been to Christiana a few times carrying and never had a problem.  I think the carry at your own risk is just that.  They do not like people carrying in there the worst they can do is ask you to leave if you are found that you are carrying.  Me I really do not like that mall at all but once in a while the wife likes to go so I go we usually do not stay long anyway. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
I've CC'd at Christiana Mall last Christmas.  I was seated in the center leaning forward (PRINTING!).  2 DSP approaching from my strong side.
And continued walking.  Sad to say, but the PAID professional observers were clueless just like the public.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »
I have carried in the Dover Mall, or at least Boscov's, because that's the only store we usually go to there. We park around back and go into Boscov's back entrance. I haven't been out into the mall in years. We actually do most of our weekly shopping in Milford. Less traffic and less people. And, like they say, "if Walmart doesn't have it, I probably don't need it".
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »
I've CC'd at Christiana Mall last Christmas.  I was seated in the center leaning forward (PRINTING!).  2 DSP approaching from my strong side.
And continued walking.  Sad to say, but the PAID professional observers were clueless just like the public.

Maybe they noticed but just didn't care.  I know quite a few DSP and they all support CCW.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:17:32 AM »
Maybe they noticed but just didn't care.  I know quite a few DSP and they all support CCW.
Here’s a worthwhile read for perspectives of both the police officer and us as a checklist when we carry. Written in 2010 but updated this year.
How LEOs can deal with citizens legally CCW
I regularly introduce myself to LEOs in the mall usually at Apple store. All but one have been friendly. If they detected that I was carrying, they didn’t react.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
I know there is a notice at the Dover mall but not prominently displayed. That tells me that the concerns are open carry. I even took a picture of the Christiana mall sign so I could see it in better detail.  There was no mention of firearms.  My take is open carry is the problem. Especially dumb a$$'$ with long guns. And my apologizes to you dumb a$$'$ that are trying to make a point but only make it worse for all of us.
Proud resident of Kent County DE