Author Topic: IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME  (Read 2813 times)

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:04:34 PM »
http://www.wboc.com/story/37008570/del-law-enforcement-officials-eye-gun-ban-for-marijuana-users  I just have one question regarding this. It appears that driving vehicles is OK and that is safe. What about alcoholics and driving including gun ownership?
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »
I think anyone perscribed "Medical Marijuana" should be reported by the perscriber, to the state police and DMV and have their drivers license suspended or revoked. Anyone caught driving under the influence and with out a license, should be sentenced per existing laws, just like DUI.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

topper

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:31:19 AM »
Don't try to apply commonsense to politics and politicians.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

ChrisCar

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 01:56:30 AM »
The award for most hypocritical statement ever: "Bryson says the proposal would help ensure that users of marijuana, whether for medical or recreational purposes, are in compliance with federal law, which prohibits marijuana users from owning guns."    So we legalize medical marijuana  (which is contrary to federal law), but then we have to ban such patients from owning firearms because federal law says so. 
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »
Most laws make me ill.  However, if it is true that marijuana is a hallucinogen, then no guns for you. Otherwise, I see an easy connection to another gun grab.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
Marijuana is relatively harmless, and adults should have the right to consume it or not as they see fit.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 06:33:10 PM »
It doesn't seem right, in my opinion, to ban marijuana users from owning guns. Like alcohol, having a gun while using it should be illegal. 
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
It doesn't seem right, in my opinion, to ban marijuana users from owning guns. Like alcohol, having a gun while using it should be illegal.  
First I have heard that it is illegal to use alcohol and have a gun.  I think there is a law against being drunk and carrying a gun

As for marijuana, I have no desire to use somthing that clouds my mind or makes me brilliant but if that's what people wAnt to do fine with me.  If by using it they commit acts that harm others then the full weight of the law should apply. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:40:56 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.