Author Topic: Gun progression  (Read 8870 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Gun progression
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:22:38 PM »
What is you honest opinion? Do you believe the the progression of making guns will ever change from where it is now. Do you think someone will ever come up with a new idea for a better working gun, other than general maintenance  improvements on tech stuff or coming out with a future lazer gun.  I ride motorcycles, but no one has really done anything with them other then calling something a new name, maybe a fender change or painting it a different color. Seems as though the same with guns, it's all been done before. I know with bikes they made an electric bike but that went over like cat calling nuns, it doesn't happen
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Gun progression
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »
Personally, I like older guns.  They feel better in the hand, usually shoot well, and have more personality.  I have a bunch of guns, long and hand, and most are 50 years or older, 1/3 are over 100 and still shoot fine.  Ray guns might be kool, but at this point, how much do the batts weigh???  The latest "ray" gun for the AF takes a 747 to carry it and its' power supply.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »
They will change . Look back and see how many changes we have already seen . From flintlock to all the firearms available today .

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 04:28:44 PM »
I think the first change will be new smart gun tech to shut up the gun control lobby. Myself, I'm against it for many reasons.
The real problem is bad owners having their guns unsecured. The lock included with every new gun is so easy to use to prevent accidental shootings or other shootings.

My second purchase after buying a gun was a safe. I'm sure everyone on this site did the same.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
I think the first change will be new smart gun tech to shut up the gun control lobby. Myself, I'm against it for many reasons.
The real problem is bad owners having their guns unsecured. The lock included with every new gun is so easy to use to prevent accidental shootings or other shootings.

My second purchase after buying a gun was a safe. I'm sure everyone on this site did the same.

+1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

topper

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »
They will change . Look back and see how many changes we have already seen . From flintlock to all the firearms available today .

I'm looking forward to owing a Ray Gun when they come on the market.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »
I think the next innovation will be built-in cameras that turn on when the gun is drawn and stream video to our smartphones,

In the near future, we will see hidden cameras built into everything: buttons, eyeglass frames, doorknobs, clocks, anything else that can hold a package of optics & electronics smaller than a grain of rice. The conversation on any controversial event will change from "is there video?" to "how many different camera angles are available?"

I'm sure manufacturers will start offering gun parts that include cameras, both from the factory and aftermarket. Imagine a $10 guide rod that films what you shoot, and can back up your claim that it was necessary... or not.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »
I think the next innovation will be built-in cameras that turn on when the gun is drawn and stream video to our smartphones,

I'm sure manufacturers will start offering gun parts that include cameras, both from the factory and aftermarket. Imagine a $10 guide rod that films what you shoot, and can back up your claim that it was necessary... or not.

These type of cameras are all ready available. Mounting hardware is all that is necessary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Tonym

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 02:38:15 AM »
The biggest advancements in gun tech over the past 150 years has probably been the use of stronger steels and polymers and the switch from black powder to smokeless. I think theres still a lot to be gained in both those fields before reinventing the entire wheel

Sinker

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 12:34:43 PM »
Really hard to predict the future, but I'm sure we'll see changes!  Who would have predicted striker-fired polymer handguns?

greymas

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »
I think 3D printing will be the next advancement in firearms industry. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the courts. I still like the classics though.
Who am I kidding- I like them all ;D

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
Bluetooth-enabled bullets. So — BLAM — you shoot the bad guy.  Then you reholster or just drop (because they’ll be getting cheaper and more disposable — like everything else) your gun, grab your telephone, open the app, and guide the bullet right downtown!  Oh, sure, you’ll probably have to pair the bullet before or after the shot, or before AND after, and that’s only after your SmartGun is able to get a good thumbprint and verify that it’s you, which is after the new software update, and the Adobe update...

But if you actually survive the encounter, it’ll be an awesome story, which was hopefully recorded on that guide-rod camera, so you can post all of this on YouTube.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 03:55:42 PM »
don't look for bluetooth  of anything for to much longer. a lot of that will be coming to an end soon. but that's another post i will start to explain why. not sure if anyone is up to knowing why
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Steveo

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »
Waiting on this one

Packing_Nine

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 07:37:52 PM »
Vortex Optics / Hornady Bullet-Cam anyone?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/video/vortex_hornady_bullet-cam