Author Topic: new question  (Read 9627 times)

GA2

new question
« on: November 15, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
Hi all, maybe someone could answer this for me. my question is. im building a new house in sussex county, will be a pt. time resident until we retire in about four years then we will live here full time. can i get a concealed carry license as a pt. time resident. also i was a new jersey CO. and completed the police academy was there for a couple of years then left for a non law enforcement job. would this help the process? thanks

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: new question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »
Good question. I would check with the prothonotary to make sure on this one. My guess would be that it depends on your license. If you change your license over to Delaware than you shouldn't have a problem but if you keep it in NJ (or whereever you are now) than in the states eyes you are not a resident but a land owner.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »
I agree with Gunenvy I think you have to have a DE Lic. You could always get a Utah or FL permit until you get your DE drivers lic.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GA2

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »
thankyou , ill check if i can switch my DL to Delaware.

Hank

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
Hi GA2.
I have lived In New York City, New Jersey, The Pcocno's PA. and now In Delaware, And In that order, and hands down Delaware Is the best. I can't speak for other states that I didn't live In. If I were you, ( And I know that IF can be a very big word ) I would move down here as soon as my new home was finished. I would use New Jersey as a second address and DE. as my first for a lot of reasons that I will not state here.

Just something to think about, I will never put anything In writing that I would not like to see In court, talk to others off the cuff, and then see just what Is best for you and yours. Good luck!
Semper Fi all. Hank.