Author Topic: Texas Church Shooting Stopped by Armed Citizen  (Read 3161 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Texas Church Shooting Stopped by Armed Citizen
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:45:52 AM »
Apparently the Sutherland Springs church shooting was stopped by an armed citizen. It will be hard for the main stream media to ignore this.  New York Times will probably denounce it as "vigilantism", but the fact is that an armed citizen put a stop to this.

Was covered here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/06/an-unlikely-hero-describes-gun-battle-and-95-mph-chase-with-texas-shooting-suspect/?utm_term=.4ffe2ddb02d1

https://www.mediaite.com/online/local-armed-citizen-stopped-texas-church-shooting-by-firing-at-suspect/

Fox News is reporting that the armed citizen had an AR-15 as did the killer, the Washington Post story indicates
The shooter had a pistol.  This is not clear yet.

As there was an exchange of gunfire it sure shows the value of a large capacity magazine in the hero's rifle and undemines the gun grabbers call for banning such.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:12:08 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Texas Church Shooting Stopped by Armed Citizen
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:41:07 PM »
No motive established yet. Although his In-laws went to that church. The parents and grandparents of the wife and child he abused back a couple of years ago, that got him kicked out of the USAF on a bad conduct discharge. It also prevented him from obtaining his Texas carry permit. Hence he purchase of a Ruger AR-15 rifle.
The thing is his in-laws weren't in that church that day, but he didn't know it, or so it is believed by law enforcement.

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:52:19 PM »
As I remember, a "bad conduct" discharge is not the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge.  But I would have thought that the domestic assault would have been a prohibitor  for any firearm purchase.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:54:47 PM by Clarence »

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:45 PM »
http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/TEXAS-CHURCH-SHOOTING-Attack-kills-26-people-ages-5-72-455542583.html

The Air Force says it failed to report the Texas church shooter's domestic violence conviction to the FBI as required by Pentagon rules.

Devin Patrick Kelley was convicted of assault against his wife and stepson in an Air Force court-martial in New Mexico in 2012. The conviction should have disqualified him from buying or possessing firearms.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »
He was denied a Texas concealed carry license.  Not sure why Texas would have this information but not NICS.  Maybe he revealed his conviction and jail time on his application. 

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 12:31:02 AM »
I eard that the armed citizen is a former NRA Instructor who ran, barefoot, with his rifle to stop the attack and prevent the shooter from getting away.  The shooter had 3 gunshot wounds; one of which was self-inflicted.  The armed citizen hit him two times.

Here is more information on the shooting.

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/wire/the-latest-man-who-confronted-gunman-is-nra-instructor/article_c9f9bebe-92f9-57ed-ad8a-cf382fdb0e53.html

The article states that 15 empty 30-round magazines were found at the scene (total 450 rounds).

Edit: corrected link
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:46:49 AM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:31 AM »
Here is a thought:

If some of the gun control laws that the Democrats are pushing (no "assault weapons", small mag capacities, etc.) then the "armed citizen" might not have been armed and the shooter would have been able to continue his rampage, kill more people  and get away without being caught.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
True to form, Uncle Joe "Pew Pew" Biden said that Stephen Willeford, who shot the Texas church shooter, shouldn't have had an AR-15.
“Well, first all,” Biden replied without hesitation, “the kind of gun being carried, he shouldn’t be carrying.”
Yet Willeford himself has stressed that the type of firearm he used was a key factor in stopping the threat. “If I had run out of the house with a pistol and faced a bulletproof vest and kevlar and helmets,” he said in an interview, “it might have been futile.”

Uncle Joe won't bring himself to distinguish the difference between a legal "good guy" gun owner and an illegal "bad guy" shooter.  And he's considering running for President in 2020!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.