Author Topic: WILL NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY ACT OF 2017-2018 DIE IS SENATE  (Read 3428 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
HR 38 passed in the House and went on to the US Senate. It was assigned to the Senate JUdiciary Committee and that's where it lays now. My question for discussionis, will it lay there and die under the "leadership" of Mitch McConnell?
I know they have been on a "holliday" break, but will this be taken up and move through the Senate with any passion to be made law. Trump (a cencealed carry permit holder himself) has promised it will be signed into laws when it hits his desk.
So the question remains, will it hit his desk in 2018? My quess is McConnell will hold it "hostage" and it will die.

Your thoughts?...........
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

563jack

Re: WILL NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY ACT OF 2017-2018 DIE IS SENATE
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:54:43 PM »
Mitch is between a hard place and a rock. @@@@ if he does and @@@@ if he doesn't. I hope Donald pushes him hard enough to get Mitch to put it on the floor so the democrats can go nuts on it and you know they will. We need a balls to the wall guy like Trey Goudy "The Bulldog" to take the lead on this and I guarantee it will go thru.

Well, that's my thoughts

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »
HR 38 is now assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee.  Senators Feinstein, Blumenthal, Whitehouse, Durbin, and Hirono will likely be totally (rabidly) opposed.  Senator Coons is worth e-mailing but he will probably toe the party line. Rep. Trey Gowdy did his job in the House.  Hopefully Cruz, Graham, or Hatch will pick up the baton.  

The Committee members are:
Chmn Chuck Grassley (R)
Ranking Mbr Diane Feinstein (D)
Republicans: Orrin Hatch, Lindsey Graham, Mike Lee, John Cornyn, Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake, Mike Crapo, Thom Tillis, and John Kennedy
Demorats: Patrick Leahy, Dick Durbin, Sheldon Whitehouse, Amy Klobuchar, Al Franken (not), Chris Coons, Richard Blumenthal, Mazie Hirono

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:38:28 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
Senator John Cornyn is the author of S446, the Senate Version of HR 38 is on the Judiciary Committee, and Sen. Chuck Grassley is also.  The vote could be a 9 to 7 vote for passage, based on Franken being gone and even if it was a tie, for some reason, Grassley would be the tie breaker and vote for the Bill to go to the full Senate floor for up  or down vote.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun