Author Topic: The continuing fight for the RKBA in CA  (Read 2371 times)

Paladin4CA

The continuing fight for the RKBA in CA
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:00:23 AM »
If you know of anyone living in San Diego county in CA who wants a CA CCW, now is the time for them to look into it.

A few months ago Sheriff Gore recently said he's going to issue more CCWs and over the past month or two posters over at www.CalGuns.Net have said they or people they know have gotten CCWs from the sheriff's office. Unfortunately, Gore has said that accepting just "self defense" as your Good Cause statement would be "extreme", so you still have to explain, justify and provide supporting evidence for why they should issue you a permit.

But things have improved, which is why, on the map below, San Diego county (the bottom left hand corner of the state) is now yellow whereas it used to be light red. Since San Diego county has a population of 3.3M (vs 950k for the entire state of Delaware), this small change (of one color on the map), should noticeably increase our state total for number of CCWs (currently thought to be ~100k).

I'll try to use this thread to post updates if/when other CA counties change colors, hopefully in the direction of greater issuance of CCWs.  

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:03:53 AM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: The continuing fight for the RKBA in CA
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:25:27 PM »
Inscrutable Imperial County Sheriff!  Border county. Sparse population. Huh!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Paladin4CA

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »
Inscrutable Imperial County Sheriff!  Border county. Sparse population. Huh!
Frankly, of the 14 anti counties, we could win 7 of them and it would not impact anything. They don't have a large population, don't have a large crime problem, and aren't political or cultural powerhouses, at national or even state level. Those counties, going clockwise, starting south to north, are Imperial, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, and Yolo. All they are is yellow or red territory we want to turn green.

On the other had, of the 14, each of these 7 antis counties are critical to win: San Diego, LA, San Mateo, SF, Contra Costa, Alameda, and Santa Clara. If we win these 7, we have won California, even if the other 7 remain red/yellow. These are the hardcore anti counties that count. They're important population wise, crime wise, culturally and/or politically. These are the 7 that give CA the reputation it has around the nation and world. These are the 7 that influence the nation and the world. Winning the other 7 too would just be icing on the cake.
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »
Good for you. Keep up the fight.  We  should not give up any state to the antis   There are millions of good people in states like California and New York.    We here in Delaware should say: "there but for the grace of God go I"
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.