Author Topic: increased fire devices legislation  (Read 3470 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
increased fire devices legislation
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:11:39 PM »
I assume many of you have received the notice from the NRA about the pending debate wed on "increasing the rate of fire' legislation.  This is poorly written as are most lib antigun bills.  It opens up a bunch of no-no's, including trigger jobs.  They purposely inject ambiguous language into the bills so you think it is something good that you need.  As I understand it, any modification that increases the rate of fire is a no-no.  That covers a lot of territory including tuning a gun for more efficiency.  This is not a simple bump stock bill.  Call your reps, say NO!!!

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: increased fire devices legislation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:51:31 PM »
Wow. I’m a life member of Nra and have received nothing about this .

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:55:00 PM »
Delaware legislation that is.  I have been on their mailing list for quite a while.  I think I still have the e-mail.  I will see if I can download it.

Bill

It is from NRA-ILA.  Not sure how to upload to here, but you should be able to see it at ILA.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:57:44 PM by Just Bill »
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 01:21:36 AM »
Here is the text of the email:

Tomorrow, the Delaware House Administration Committee is scheduled to consider anti-gun legislation, House Bill 300.  Please contact your state Representative and urge them to OPPOSE HB 300 when it comes up for a vote.

House Bill 300, sponsored by state representative Valerie Longhurst, would make it a crime to knowingly possess a firearm accessory or any other device, part or combination of parts that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm.  The broad and overreaching provisions in HB 300 could potentially criminalize firearm modifications such as competition triggers, muzzle brakes, and ergonomic changes that are commonly done by law-abiding gun owners to make their firearms more suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, or even overcoming disability.

Further, HB 300 contains no grandfather clause or period of time to surrender the prohibited items, potentially creating felons out of a majority of law-abiding gun owners.

Again, please contact your state Representative and urge them to OPPOSE HB 300 when it comes up for a vote.

NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »
NRA-ILA reports bill HR300 out of committee.  Makes 'bump stock' and other devices illegal, and makes you a criminal if you don't dispose of it within 120 days.  No grandfather clause.  I need to read the bill to know what is in it, unlike the way Pelosi does it.  I fear this will pass our one party legislature.

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Steveo

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »

Delaware: Gun Control Legislation Released From Committee Before Recess

Yesterday, the Delaware House Administration Committee released House Bill 300 a day before the legislature goes on its 6-week budget recess.  HB 300 was released with amendments that walked back some of the more extreme aspects of the legislation.

As amended, House Bill 300, sponsored by state Representative Valerie Longhurst, would make it a crime to knowingly possess a “bump stock” or trigger crank” device.  Further, HB 300 contains no grandfather clause, and requires individuals who possess the above prohibited items to dispose of them within 120 days of the measure’s effective date.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on this legislation following the budget recess.  Please stay-tuned to your email alerts and www.NRAILA.org for more information.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 11:52:54 AM »
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180125/delaware-gun-control-legislation-released-from-committee-before-recess

I received it.  Here is the link for those interested but did not receive the email.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

greymas

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 04:50:04 AM »
Contacted my rep and made donation to DSSA. Worth joining if you're not a member. Only a cost of a box or 2 of ammo

ThePixelated

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
FYI Here's the text of the bill: Bill detail  --  PDF  -  HTML

The bill is misguided with having "silencers" listed and "(5) A   machine gun or any other firearm or weapon which is adaptable for use as a machine gun", which I would take as a possible way for the state to ban other firearms. Because with a little knowledge and skill you can make (or "adapt") any firearm full auto (or what idiots call "machine guns").

I would suggest writing to your stat reps ASAP. Unfortunately mine is Longhurst, but I'll still going to write to her.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »
Here’s my letter to my rep who is a co-sponsor:
Rep Jaques
   Please tighten up the definition of ‘accelerate’ in this HB 300 sentence.
“6) A trigger crank, bump-fire device, or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machine gun.

As listed above, ‘accelerate’ could be defined as a trigger component to eliminate pre-travel and over-travel which reduces trigger reset time. Or in the extreme, a trigger connector bar that lightens the trigger pull.

The law should reflect the Synopsis which states: “accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle, making such weapon function more like an automatic weapon.”  I don’t have substitute verbiage but the essence should be “faster than a human can pull the trigger in separate strokes without mechanical aids”. If my rusty requirements brain rekindles with precise wording, I’ll send another note

Rep Jaques quit responding a few years ago.
BTW, the silencers verbiage is existing law that is unmodified by HB 300.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 03:08:15 PM »
HB 300 passed in Senate with two amendments: relinquish without being charged for possession, and first offense is a misdemeanor. Reimbursement amendment defeated.  Bill sent back to House. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.