Author Topic: Maryland update 1/26/18  (Read 19556 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Maryland update 1/26/18
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 09:20:42 PM »
The more that I watch the news — the more that I don’t want to leave the house.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

ThePixelated

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
Again the range officers are probably not the problem. Some State Troopers on the other hand would just love to collar an otherwise law abiding gun owner. They are low hanging fruit.  Apparently people have been hassled just because they have a carry license from another state and searched.  
A Florida man, who had a concealed carry permit and had left his handgun at home, was travelling with his family through a Baltimore tunnel was pulled over by the MD Transit Authority. Their vehicles was strip-searched for 1 1/2 hours before being allowed to repack and continue.
IIRC, Maryland collects license plate info from states that allow bulk access and scan for those plates where cameras exist. Also IIRC, Delaware does not allow that access but police can call in to check DE CCDW permits.

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml
Law enforcement officials from other jurisdictions can verify Delaware CCDW permits by contacting the Delaware State Police Headquarters on a 24/7 basis via NLET.AM directed to DEDSP0000 or by calling 302-659-2341.

I remember that happening. I wonder if the guy ever sued the MTA. I would have.

The MTA officers questioned everyone in the family separately. They asked the wife and she said "He has a firearm" (meaning he owns one) and the MTA grilled the husband for a while trying to get him to tell them where is firearm was, which he repeatedly said "At home in Florida."

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:29:26 PM by ThePixelated »

topper

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 02:20:02 AM »
Again the range officers are probably not the problem. Some State Troopers on the other hand would just love to collar an otherwise law abiding gun owner. They are low hanging fruit.  Apparently people have been hassled just because they have a carry license from another state and searched.  
A Florida man, who had a concealed carry permit and had left his handgun at home, was travelling with his family through a Baltimore tunnel was pulled over by the MD Transit Authority. Their vehicles was strip-searched for 1 1/2 hours before being allowed to repack and continue.
IIRC, Maryland collects license plate info from states that allow bulk access and scan for those plates where cameras exist. Also IIRC, Delaware does not allow that access but police can call in to check DE CCDW permits.

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml
Law enforcement officials from other jurisdictions can verify Delaware CCDW permits by contacting the Delaware State Police Headquarters on a 24/7 basis via NLET.AM directed to DEDSP0000 or by calling 302-659-2341.

I remember that happening. I wonder if the guy ever sued the MTA. I would have.

The MTA officers questioned everyone in the family separately. They asked the wife and she said "I has a firearm" (meaning he owns one) and the MTA grilled the husband for a while trying to get him to tell them where is firearm was, which he repeatedly said "At home in Florida."

Sounds like the whole family (especially the wife) talk to much.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

TechGeek

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would just piggy-back off of this one....I am getting ready to go down to Outer Banks in a few weeks and the shortest trip obviously is down through the tunnel.  I have read several of the MD threads on here including this one and want to play it as safe as I can.  I plan on bringing a few handguns with me all unloaded and locked in a small sentry safe chest.  I also plan on unloading all mags and storing the ammo separately in a locked ammo storage can.  Do you think I should put the empty mags in with the unloaded handguns or store them with the ammo or does it not really matter?  Or do you think I need to invest in a third lockable container just for mags?

Also, everything I am reading on this forum suggest it is ok to travel through MD with mags that hold more than 10 rounds.  I am planning on bringing some 15 and 17 rounds mags with me so I assume this will be ok even though MD residents cannot possess them?  Kind of scary thinking about this trip even though it is a relatively short distance from MD to VA line.

Does all of this reasonable as a method of travel or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Kent County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
That's about as good as you  can do. You only  have the Federal Firearms Transportation Act to  back you. But, one thing you  can do is to make sure you don't violate and speeding  laws,  or any thing that would give the MD.,  VA., or NC. cops a reason to pull you over,   write a ticket or search   your  vehicle. I  know when people get out on the highways  going on a fun time vacation, they get a little heavy footed. For a gun owner and carrier this could be a disaster.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »
Put the mags with the ammo. Both guns and mags separately out of reach, preferably in the trunk. Travel safe.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 10:16:41 PM »
If you're traveling in a pickup, a lockable toolbox in the bed is just as good as a trunk.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Wayne15464

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would just piggy-back off of this one....I am getting ready to go down to Outer Banks in a few weeks and the shortest trip obviously is down through the tunnel.  I have read several of the MD threads on here including this one and want to play it as safe as I can.  I plan on bringing a few handguns with me all unloaded and locked in a small sentry safe chest.  I also plan on unloading all mags and storing the ammo separately in a locked ammo storage can.  Do you think I should put the empty mags in with the unloaded handguns or store them with the ammo or does it not really matter?  Or do you think I need to invest in a third lockable container just for mags?

Also, everything I am reading on this forum suggest it is ok to travel through MD with mags that hold more than 10 rounds.  I am planning on bringing some 15 and 17 rounds mags with me so I assume this will be ok even though MD residents cannot possess them?  Kind of scary thinking about this trip even though it is a relatively short distance from MD to VA line.

Does all of this reasonable as a method of travel or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Why would you go to the OBX via I-95?

It is NOT the quickest, nor most efficient route (IMHO).

I would suggest that you check into taking Rt 1, 113, 13, 64, 168, to 158, as that is certainly the better route (IMHO anyway).

In the 20 years I've been going to the OBX (twice a year, 2 weeks in the spring, a week in the fall), I've taken I-95 exactly once, and unless they close the Bridge/tunnel for some reason, I will NEVER take I-95 again.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »
Ditto on that. Or you could take the Bay Bridge Tunnel and catch 17, a little slower but lots to see.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:39:34 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »
from the looks of the list, if it not on the list, it is not a firearm.  When did Md pass Ca???

Coming soon to Delaware, Jan 2019!!!???
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:42:13 PM by Just Bill »
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »
I checked the list and the only guns I have that do not qualify as banned are my Daisy and Crossman BB rifles.

Oh, and the Repub. Gov. of Maryland is as Liberal as any Dem.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:23:22 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 11:08:18 PM »
I just went thru the MD list by manufacturer...the Armalite AR15 is banned, but not their AR 10, odd.  The Colt AR 15 is banned, but not the M4, very odd???  But that list does pretty much ban most guns useful for self protection and protection against a tyrannical gument.  I guess this statement labels me as a whacko bad guy, not the student of the Constitution I consider myself??
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
Sorry guys but had to take 2 posts off this thread. 1st for what was said. 2nd because it INCLUDED a quote to it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.