Author Topic: Scope for my 30-30  (Read 4930 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Scope for my 30-30
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:26 AM »
Ok, I don't have the best of vision, infact i have to get lazer surgery on my eyes every six week. feels like getting a tattoo on the inside of your eye, super painful. So anyway. i want to get or shall i say need to get a scope for the 30-30. This beautiful weapon is in stainless steel purchased at the one and only Federal Firearms!. So i want to get a silver scope to enhance the look of the gun but without spending a whole lot. So what are my options for something in silver under 200 range, what's the best bang for the buck. All suggestions are greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:00:40 AM by FreakShow »
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
Re: Scope for my 30-30
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:12:01 PM »
Nikon and bushnell have 3x9x40 scopes in silver under $200...Leupold under 3 in silver....

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
Nikon would be my choice .

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
Looked at lot of videos on the Nikon. but a lot of bad reviews of a rubber gasket coming loose  and not the best time getting it fixed.

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:05:08 AM »
Perfect timing. Talked to my brother who is a hunting/gun nut, like everyone here, lol. He has a couple 30-30's. He just bought another one, went to pick it up and shop owner gave him the case and it had a scope in it. My brother had just bought a scope for it a couple days before, so he is gonna send it to me. A bushnell 3500. so now all i have to do is get rings and a rail. problem solved

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:00:38 PM »
Old eyes do take their toll on shooters.  I have had cataracts done on both eyes, which is supposed to improve things, and it did.  But when I shoot peep sights, I see spider webs in the hole, iron sights are better.  Of course a scope helps immensely.  At 75, I can still outshoot much younger shooters, but it is getting harder.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
Got the scope, now just need to get the rail and rings. Been sick for two weeks, spent a few days in the hospital with a temp of 103.1 and cellulitis in my left leg. Just healing up now. Diabetes sucks. When i feel a little better i'll get this all together.

NRA Member