Author Topic: Florida shooting  (Read 2878 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Florida shooting
« on: February 14, 2018, 10:38:30 PM »
Here we go again..............   and I feel so sorry for the kids and parents, but they elect the people that think gun laws will stop this.   I heard a philly newscaster say, "oh my, how can we stop this madness".   I think we need more gun free zones.  Ban all things that can used to kill people like cars, bats, knives, booze, pills, oh please, someone stop me.  Nothing is ever mentioned about criminals or criminal minds.  My own wife said, Congress has to stand up to the NRA.  Wonder where she heard that???  When I asked and have them do what, she had nothing to say.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Florida shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »
According the handgunlaw.us,Florida does not allow concealed carry in schools.
Places off-limits Even with a permit/license
790.06 (12) License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm
...
- any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
- Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
- any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
- any elementary or secondary school facility;
- any area vocational-technical center;
- any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty
member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or non-lethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; (See Note in Parking Lot Storage Section)

Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »
Add to it he did not have a CC permit (must be 21).  And he IGNORED the Fed GFSZ.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:30:24 PM »
I saw where at least one teacher had a permit w/gun in vehicle.  NOT allowed in school.  How's that gun-free zone thing working out??  Of course there will be another cry from the left to disarm all of the good guys, creating more "gun-free zones" for the bad guys.

And it was known that this kid was dangerous, oopppsss again.  But law abiding gun owners are again to blame.

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:36:43 PM »
Shooter used a AR-15, not exactly a concealed carry weapon. He was suppose to be under mental/psychological care but had stop going to therapy, but was not reported to law enforcement. Many people knew he was a danger, but no one spoke up. All of these were contributing factors to what happened.

"See something/say something", but nobody did.........
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
Now it comes out that the FBI knew of the kid but did nothing, including inform the state or local authorities. 
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »
Very sad ... I wish their was a magic wand to fix the problem but their isn’t . Thinking about these mass killings I still believe this is a people problem . I’m not as religious of a man as I should be but I think it all went down hill when they pulled religion out of the schools. Now we have adults and kids that have grown up not respecting human life . As I hear or read the news and drive through Wilmington it makes me sick . Crime , drugs and people walk or drive down the street and throw their trash down wherever they are and no one does anything or even cares . I live in about as rural as NCC has left to offer and the trash is thrown out of cars at ridiculous amounts . It all goes to show that their is no respect for others . People can’t even drive down the road without junking it up or cutting someone off anymore . If we as a country can figure out how to raise kids with respect that’s about the only way we’re going to turn this ship around .
 To all of you that are raising or have raised good respectful kids thank you because their are still good people out there . Although it seems the minority anymore .

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 10:46:19 PM »
Kids don't talk now, they text. They play games where they kill people and the next day they play again and the people they killed yesterday are there alive again. In real life when you're dead, you're dead, you don't come back.
Kids don't attend church or Sunday school, because their parents don't see to it they go. Parents should be attending with kids, not dropping them off.
There is no such thing as teaching morals today. It appears to me that parents have kids and then don't want to be bothered to have to raise them right. Just too inconvienent . Don't want to be bothered. I know when I grew up many years ago things were different. But if they were the same now, we wouldn't have the trouble we have now either. Parents need to be parents not pals.
Kids can't raise themselves, and kids can't raise kids.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 11:15:41 PM »
Kids don't talk now, they text. They play games where they kill people and the next day they play again and the people they killed yesterday are there alive again. In real life when you're dead, you're dead, you don't come back.
Kids don't attend church or Sunday school, because their parents don't see to it they go. Parents should be attending with kids, not dropping them off.
There is no such thing as teaching morals today. It appears to me that parents have kids and then don't want to be bothered to have to raise them right. Just too inconvienent . Don't want to be bothered. I know when I grew up many years ago things were different. But if they were the same now, we wouldn't have the trouble we have now either. Parents need to be parents not pals.
Kids can't raise themselves, and kids can't raise kids.

+100

You stated the problem completely. The only thing I can add is this "politically correctness" damaging all the current crop of students from grade school all the way to college. They just don't have any morals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County