Delaware Concealed Carry Forum
August 17, 2018, 11:37:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to get a Revolver  (Read 1350 times)
FreakShow
Life Member

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »

Went to federal yesterday. Super busy there which is awesome. Both my wife and i picked up a new gun. She actually bought mine for me. She got a Taurus 2 inch barrel 38 special 5 shot and i got a Taurus model 66 seven shot 357 with the 4 inch barrel blued. Always nice to see Chris and Carole. Both just nice people.

I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »

Might want to check this out while you're looking:

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-10-revolvers-for-concealed-carry/

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
Federal Firearm
Life Member

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:18 PM »

Went to federal yesterday. Super busy there which is awesome. Both my wife and i picked up a new gun. She actually bought mine for me. She got a Taurus 2 inch barrel 38 special 5 shot and i got a Taurus model 66 seven shot 357 with the 4 inch barrel blued. Always nice to see Chris and Carole. Both just nice people.

thank you it was a pleasure seeing you bot...your wife is good people...
FreakShow
Life Member

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 06:34:45 AM »

Might want to check this out while you're looking:

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-10-revolvers-for-concealed-carry/

iI'm not even gonna worry with the concealment anymore. They laws are changing so much that if a little is sticking out, then so what. If someone wants to ask me something then i have one answer, It's none of their business.  For now i have a right to carry, so i will.

NRA Member
FreakShow
Life Member

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 05:39:07 PM »

Here it is, Taurus model 66 with a 4 inch barrel. I love the matt black. Picked it up at Federal Firearms on saturday. My wife got the 38 special with a 2 inch barrel. It's her extra carry, She still loves her Glock 40 cal

NRA Member
Mac19701

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 10:12:28 PM »

Hey Freak, This is Mac.  I'm looking at old posts (obviously).  Saw u picked up the Taurus 66.  Just thought I'd share my experience w 357s.  I own 3 of 'em: 686 w6" barrel, GP100 w 4" barrel and S&W model 60 w 3" barrel.  The S&Ws are better at style, fit and finish, but the Ruger GP100 is built heavy and rugged like a tank.  The 60 is small enuf to be a carry gun but probably heavier than most semi autos.  I wouldn't carry the other two except under bulkier clothing and then not long: they're heavy weapons.  I bought the two S&Ws new.  I traded a Glock for my gp100 and very happy with it.

U  can shoot hot 357s all day with the GP100 or 686.   Both are strong and can take punishment.  The 60 is a smaller, lighter gun and  definitely more painful to shoot after 10-15 rounds.  Ive used the 686 for deer (unfortunately w no luck), I use the gp100 for fun at the range.  The 60 doesn't get much use except by my wife w 38SPL.  Don't know much about the Taurus but hope you enjoy it.  Would love to add a Chiappa rhino to my collection, for no other reason that it looks cool.
FreakShow
Life Member

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 06:38:14 AM »

Heya Mac, I love the way the Taurus just feels in my hand and the fact that it's a seven shot ain't to bad. My wife has one that's the 6 inch barrel. I loved shooting it, but was a little heavy. It is so dead on accurate. I even had and old western style holster made for it.

NRA Member
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: