Author Topic: Looking to get a Revolver  (Read 11913 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Re: Looking to get a Revolver
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »
Went to federal yesterday. Super busy there which is awesome. Both my wife and i picked up a new gun. She actually bought mine for me. She got a Taurus 2 inch barrel 38 special 5 shot and i got a Taurus model 66 seven shot 357 with the 4 inch barrel blued. Always nice to see Chris and Carole. Both just nice people.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »
Might want to check this out while you're looking:

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-10-revolvers-for-concealed-carry/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 06:14:18 AM »
Went to federal yesterday. Super busy there which is awesome. Both my wife and i picked up a new gun. She actually bought mine for me. She got a Taurus 2 inch barrel 38 special 5 shot and i got a Taurus model 66 seven shot 357 with the 4 inch barrel blued. Always nice to see Chris and Carole. Both just nice people.

thank you it was a pleasure seeing you bot...your wife is good people...

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 01:34:45 PM »
Might want to check this out while you're looking:

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-10-revolvers-for-concealed-carry/

iI'm not even gonna worry with the concealment anymore. They laws are changing so much that if a little is sticking out, then so what. If someone wants to ask me something then i have one answer, It's none of their business.  For now i have a right to carry, so i will.

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:07 AM »
Here it is, Taurus model 66 with a 4 inch barrel. I love the matt black. Picked it up at Federal Firearms on saturday. My wife got the 38 special with a 2 inch barrel. It's her extra carry, She still loves her Glock 40 cal

NRA Member

Mac19701

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 05:12:28 AM »
Hey Freak, This is Mac.  I'm looking at old posts (obviously).  Saw u picked up the Taurus 66.  Just thought I'd share my experience w 357s.  I own 3 of 'em: 686 w6" barrel, GP100 w 4" barrel and S&W model 60 w 3" barrel.  The S&Ws are better at style, fit and finish, but the Ruger GP100 is built heavy and rugged like a tank.  The 60 is small enuf to be a carry gun but probably heavier than most semi autos.  I wouldn't carry the other two except under bulkier clothing and then not long: they're heavy weapons.  I bought the two S&Ws new.  I traded a Glock for my gp100 and very happy with it.

U  can shoot hot 357s all day with the GP100 or 686.   Both are strong and can take punishment.  The 60 is a smaller, lighter gun and  definitely more painful to shoot after 10-15 rounds.  Ive used the 686 for deer (unfortunately w no luck), I use the gp100 for fun at the range.  The 60 doesn't get much use except by my wife w 38SPL.  Don't know much about the Taurus but hope you enjoy it.  Would love to add a Chiappa rhino to my collection, for no other reason that it looks cool.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »
Heya Mac, I love the way the Taurus just feels in my hand and the fact that it's a seven shot ain't to bad. My wife has one that's the 6 inch barrel. I loved shooting it, but was a little heavy. It is so dead on accurate. I even had and old western style holster made for it.

NRA Member

Capnball

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2018, 03:47:30 AM »
I am a revolver fan and don't seem to be much of a brand fanatic, S&W, Taurus, Colt are in the stable. I like them all!. There is one odd-ball that some find ugly as sin, but I have to say it works - Chiappa Rhino. This has become my EDC most of the time. Mine is a 2" version and I am thinking of getting one of the new 3" barrel versions. The barrel being at the six-o'clock position does make a difference when shooting .357 mag or even the hot loaded .38 +P. They are unfortunately not cheap but in line with other good revolvers. The 3" version running about $750.00. Some don't like the way it looks because it is different but I can say that after 5 years and several thousand rounds I can overlook the odd appearance of the Rhino.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2018, 04:38:25 AM »
Given the distance between the sight line and the bore axis, the POI must cross thru the POA rapidly. What’s your sight-in distance?  Muzzle rise must be minimal
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Wayne15464

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »
I'm a revolver guy, and I have to tell you that I would not buy another Taurus revolver.

I have had about 7, enough to know they are NOT a S&W, Ruger, or Colt, nor will I buy another Taurus.

I had problems with almost all of them, and the 1 or 2 that I didn't were ok, but trust me when I tell you they are NOT worth the money, ANY money.

I did have a couple of Taurus pistols in the 80's, and they were ok, but they went away when I bought better quality pistols.

You can buy excellent used S&W & Ruger revolvers for not much more then a Taurus, and have a quality revolver vs. a Taurus.

I have more then 5o revolvers, none of which are Taurus, and I highly suggest to friends NOT to buy Taurus.

So I will suggest to you to buy quality (look for good used S&W or Ruger) and you will be much happier.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 10:01:34 PM »
Taurus is made in Brazil. The are also sold under the name Rossi in some calibers. Like most things from below the border, they are not of the best quality. Being a Ruger guy I put my money in them. They make some of the best revolvers around. I'll stick with my semi, but if I was in the market for a revolver, it would be a Ruger, made in Arizona USA.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 01:32:41 PM »
late comment on this subject:  Keep in mind that those light weight larger caliber revolvers are usually not much fun to shoot, but they are intended for emergency use, not target or pleasure.  I have a S&W bodyguard .38, a Colt 637 in .38+P, and the Ruger LCR in .22 mag.  The Ruger has an 18# trigger, wife can't even use it.  Both of the .38 are very light weight and a handful to shoot, but at 7yds not bad.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »