Author Topic: Delaware Parks regulations public hearing Monday evening  (Read 3210 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Delaware Parks regulations public hearing Monday evening
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:15:49 AM »
DOVER – Delaware’s Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) and Department of Agriculture (DDA) will conduct a joint public hearing Monday, March 12 on proposed regulations for possessing firearms in Delaware’s state parks and wildlife areas under DNREC’s authority and state forests under DDA’s authority. The hearing will begin at 6 p.m. in DNREC’s Richardson & Robbins Auditorium, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901.

Anybody going?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Delaware Parks regulations public hearing Monday evening
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:25:42 AM »
If anyone is going, there are useful comments on the NCC presentation in these threads. 
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=5324.0
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=5253.msg39447#msg39447
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

DE Tom

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »
Hope to make it there.

8thFA

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 02:02:10 AM »
I've been out of the loop the last few months, are we still able to carry in the parks with a DE CCW?
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 08:25:01 PM »
I've been out of the loop the last few months, are we still able to carry in the parks with a DE CCW?
Yes but under what rules will be determined tonight

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 12:55:44 AM »
Went to meeting.  Over half of speakers were anti gun.  Some absolutely bizarre comments.  One said that only only  5% of Delawarians are gun owners.   Another said she wanted no guns it all in Parks because she's afraid that bullets will fly even into neighborhood kitchens if people are carrying. Another was almost ready to cry about no longer being able to use parks in Delaware if there are guns there.

I thought it kind of strange that these anti comments were kind of coordinated but when we were leaving I noticed some of these folks getting into cars with New Jersey license plates.  There were actually about four groups of anti-gun people that had arrived and sat together and most of them commented.

On our side mostly comments that open carriers feel like they are being discriminated against. State of Delaware representatives showed maps of each park claiming that only 1% of each park is now going to be off-limits to open carriers.

Unfortunately there were one or two comments from supposedly pro-gun people who are against open carry

There were some comments in the beginning from a deputy attorney general who said that the regulations would allow for Reciprocal carriers from out of state and that in campgrounds open Carrier would be allowed to have firearms in their vehicles.

The one item that I am not clear on is whether or not it is still going to be required that you announced that you have a gun when you enter the park
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:58:38 AM by Clarence »

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 02:12:05 AM »
There were some comments in the beginning from a deputy attorney general who said that the regulations would allow for Reciprocal carriers from out of state and that in campgrounds open Carrier would be allowed to have firearms in their vehicles.

The one item that I am not clear on is whether or not it is still going to be required that you announced that you have a gun when you enter the park
Under the emergency regs now in effect, show 'on entry' is required in Parks only. 
The proposed regs, 'on entry' has been dropped. 
21.1.4 Delaware residents holding an active current permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon may carry a firearm within areas administered by the Division, including designated areas, provided that the permit shall be produced upon request. Residents of other states holding an equivalent permit or license to carry a concealed firearm may be permitted to carry a concealed firearm at the discretion of the Director.
21.1.5 Firearms may be carried within areas administered by the Division, outside of designated areas, by any person not prohibited by 11 Del.C. §1448.
21.1.6 Law enforcement officers may limit the discharge of firearms and the use of other weapons within areas administered by the Division, in order to protect public safety and preserve the peace.
21.1.7 Any person possessing a firearm shall display identification upon request, sufficient to enable a law enforcement officer to undertake a background check.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

8thFA

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
Thanks for the update guys.  So it's show on request now...
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »
Thanks for the update guys.  So it's show on request now...
The handout at the meeting still says show on entry.