Author Topic: Ommelanden Range  (Read 1604 times)

Steveo

Ommelanden Range
« on: March 19, 2018, 12:51:40 PM »
Went to range yesterday with the misses for some pistol practice. Range was full on pistol side so we shot on rifle lanes. Noticed a sign now saying the you are limited to 10-round magazine. Where did this come from, I have not seen any legislation on this. Didn't think to ask if you are limited to that mag size or you can only put 10 rounds in your mag.
Did not go to pistol side to see if the sign is over on that side and wondering if it affects double stacks with more than 10 rounds. 

We need to know who told them to put this up and is it legal. >:(

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Ommelanden Range
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
It's NOT law.

It's Ommalanden's range rule.  You can only load 10rds in a mag.
Plus 1 round/second, etc.

It's been there for some time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:58:54 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Steveo

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:36:33 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, so I can use a larger magazine and just load to limit. I have not been there over the winter, stopped going when 1 side was closed down due to breach in wall. So that was the first I saw that sign, I may have been there but I never noticed as I was always on the pistol side.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:43:05 PM »
You can have 30rd magazines.  Can only load 10rds. Per range rule.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.