Author Topic: NJ School Suspends Two Students for Gun Possesion at Gun Range  (Read 2033 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
Another reason that shows just how bad life in New Jersey is.  Two students were suspended after a photo of them with some firearms at a family visit to a gun range was posted.  This was off the school grounds and outside school times.  I am SO GLAD I decided to run from New Jersey in 1990.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18/uproar-after-new-jersey-high-school-allegedly-suspends-students-over-gun-range-photo.html
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: NJ School Suspends Two Students for Gun Possesion at Gun Range
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:30:10 PM »
I also fled the Peoples Republik of NJ in June of 1994. I am not happy with the political atmosphere in DE. I think bad things will be coming for the gun community. I think now I picked the wrong state to retire to. I hope to move in the future if I am still on the planet. Regards to all at deccw.    Later,
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:13:35 AM »
It’s not just the gun community — it’s everything.  The state has been mismanaged itself into something that will need a large influx of capital to even maintain this poor condition — and that source of money is US as taxpayers.   Soon, I’m certain, we’re going to start see bigger pushes for sales tax, property tax and income tax increases, and so forth.  There is simply no other way — because they surely will not cut spending. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Packing_Nine

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »
There may be more to this story that what is reported. At least, some articles are neglecting to include pieces of information.

Apparently, the student in question did not simply appear in a photograph with a firearm. He also made comments to the effect of, "I might shoot this ---- up", somehow implying a kind of threat. I wish I could get more of the context of the student's statements. I'd like to better understand his intent, and how his choice of words influenced the perception of school officials and/or the NJ police.

The last thing we need in this country is a bunch of wanna-be, copy-cat, student school shooters.  ???

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 01:55:03 PM »
Which brings us to the shooting at the school in St. Mary's County Maryland. Attacker stopped with one shot. Proving a bad guy with a gun can be stopped by a well trained good guy with a gun.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:41:53 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

airman1968

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
These kids are out of control. I blame most of this on not being able to reprimand your children for fear of, yes, the government. Local intervention if your child says you scolded them or spanked them. We are in an entire generation of this BS that started in the 80's. Now look, no respect for anything. And as gun owners we get the blame. I remember the elders complaining about the government when i was a kid, i laughed. I don't laugh anymore. They were RIGHT... Rant over.....
U.S. Air Force Vietnam Veteran
CCDW Delaware, CCW from Ut,Fl,Az,Ma.
NRA Life member
Life Member VFW
Life Member DAV