Author Topic: Proposed assault rifle ban.  (Read 1780 times)

8thFA

Proposed assault rifle ban.
« on: March 25, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
Hello citizens.

I was looking over the new Senate bill 163 which is the proposed assault rifle ban.  One thing I'm not sure of is what happens if you buy a lower before the ban is enacted, can you legally build it, considering that is the only piece of the rifle that requires a FFL and you bought it before the ban?

Or would you have to build the thing before the ban is enacted?
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Proposed assault rifle ban.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »
I am quite sure that if made aware of such technicality, the author(s) of this bill will make the necessary changes to make sure you legally can't build one.  Not that anyone with evil intent will pay one iota of attention to such nuances of the law.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

8thFA

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
I am quite sure that if made aware of such technicality, the author(s) of this bill will make the necessary changes to make sure you legally can't build one.  Not that anyone with evil intent will pay one iota of attention to such nuances of the law.
That's what I'm afraid of.  Building your own is easy on the budget, but at what point does the grandfathering start.   Confusing and like you said, I don't think they have thought of that.

I wonder how Maryland handle lowers?  Bryan Townsend copied their law to craft his own.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.  Building your own is easy on the budget, but at what point does the grandfathering start.   Confusing and like you said, I don't think they have thought of that.

I wonder how Maryland handle lowers?  Bryan Townsend copied their law to craft his own.

Legally the gun is the frame or receiver. It's the part with the serial number. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.