Author Topic: Three weeks and counting  (Read 2905 times)

GoNavy

Three weeks and counting
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »
I have been carrying for 3 weeks now, and I am still learning and experimenting with my methods of carry.  One thing I found out fast is that placing a magazine IWB was very uncomfortable for me.  So I converted my mag holder to OWB.  It is working for me now especially wearing heavier winter clothing.  I know there will be more trials in the near future.  I already own 2 IWB and 1 OWB holsters for me H&K VP9, and am currently looking at a IWB Clinger holster that can be converted to OWB.

Months ago I bought a gun belt on-line.  It is a little big but I'm able to use it.  Needless to say I really do not want to buy another one unless I can try it on.  It seems that every gun belt maker's sizing guide is a little different.  I went to the Chantilly, VA gun show last month and I didn't see a gun belt there that caught my attention, so my search is still on.

One of my next goals is more training, then more training.  Hoping everyone a Merry Christmas and stay safe.  God bless the USA.       

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Three weeks and counting
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 11:02:31 PM »
I carry a 9MM Ruger SR9 and use a Clinger V3 Stingray. This is a fully adjustable IWB/OWB Kydex Holster. Can be worn at almost any position. What ever is more comfortable for you. It is my EDC holster. I'm a real fan.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

GoNavy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.  I'm always willing to take advice and research the many options (sometimes way too many).  I wish there were more stores (even one or two) in the Dover area.  Stand strong for the Republic and God bless the USA!

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
I have found OWB best for me.  Modify dress for carry.  I am much  more focused on quick access than deep concealment. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 07:35:12 PM »
I've carried IWB just behind my right hip since I started carrying a couple of years ago.  It works well.  The only time I change is when I anticipate being on the road a lot, I'll opt for an AIWB setup as it's much faster access while driving than trying to reach around to the 4:00 position. 

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 02:25:57 AM »
I used to carry at 4 o’clock until it became to painful to reach back that far.  Moved to 3 o’clock in an IWB AlienGear 3.5 which also worked well in vehicle.  In November, I received an education on the supraspinatus muscle and, in December, how it feels to get it reattached. For now, LH OWB at 9.  (Reckon that I shouldn’t have posted fun about MW’s broken hand).

@GoNavy, for a belt reco, see this post Reply #25.  After two years daily use, it shows no wear. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

GoNavy

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 12:37:42 PM »
Thank you for the feedback.  The next time I go toward the farmer's market, I will check it out.