Author Topic: Town Hall @ Middletown high school  (Read 7975 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Town Hall @ Middletown high school
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »
right now, with the way things are they think anyone with a gun is a bad guy. we are safe for now in this state, but change is coming. don't be so sure about tomorrow
Oh yeah, no argument from me on that.  I just posted something else that’s along the same thought. 

As far as the first part of your comment, that’s the idea that they love to portray on television.  ALL guns are bad, and anyone that has one is violent and mentally unstable, responds to all questions by pointing a gun, is married to his or her sibling, and rapes chickens.

The paper follows along with that, and then it all rolls downhill from there.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 08:32:26 PM »
and i agree, but so far i see lots of people marching in the streets against us, but when we are asked to do the same the first request is, don't bring your guns, it will show we're bad people. have seen a few protest's with people and their guns, but not as much as the other side. maybe someday we'll all come together instead
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »
and i agree, but so far i see lots of people marching in the streets against us, but when we are asked to do the same the first request is, don't bring your guns, it will show we're bad people. have seen a few protest's with people and their guns, but not as much as the other side. maybe someday we'll all come together instead
My buddy and I talk A LOT about what has happened in the last six months or so.  I mean, around that time, we were looking at the reciprocity stuff slowly moving forward, the “suppressor” stuff slowly moving forward, and in general — everythng moving forward.  Forward enough to pass?  Who knows.  But in the last few months, someone has flushed the toilet on us.

Now we have everyone listening to the little Tide_Pod-eating, condom-snorting idiots — the ones not smart enough to know that they are marching to give away our rights. 

We’ll see.

Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

topper

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 09:47:25 PM »
This comes from the Appoquinimink School District Student Code of Conduct 2017-2018. So if any of you young men are attending are students of the Appo District, there will be consequences.

DANGEROUS INSTRUMENT(S) POSSESSION/CONCEALMENT/SALE (C0601 -  C0626): The unauthorized  possession/concealment/sale  by  a  student  in  the  school  environment  of  any  instrument,  article  or  substance  which  is  readily  capable  of  causing  serious  physical injury or death orDEADLY  WEAPON(S)  POSSESSION/CONCEALMENT/SALE:  Shall mean the possession, concealment, or sale of a deadly weapon in the school environment.

On my last visit to Middletown and Appo High Schools (a couple months ago), there were no metal detectors. Other than above, I couldn't find anything on the Appo School District about guns.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 10:20:20 PM »
This comes from the Appoquinimink School District Student Code of Conduct 2017-2018. So if any of you young men are attending are students of the Appo District, there will be consequences.

Hey, are we excluding the “young women” and the “young gender-non-conforming” — because we don’t want the people protesting against us to be inadequately prepared!!!

topper

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »

Hey, are we excluding the “young women” and the “young gender-non-conforming” — because we don’t want the people protesting against us to be inadequately prepared!!!

Yes we are. Women are to kind and gentle to get involved in shooting guns, and gender-non-conforming is just another way of saying "my parents screwed me up".
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

topper

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »
I also think we should strive to change the language.

To oppose “gun control” arguments, the first approach is: Refuse to use their terms. As explained fully in the book, Death by “Gun Control,” the term “gun control” is Orwellian Newspeak that itself biases the debate. Therefore, we nearly always use the correct terms: “victim disarmament” or “citizen disarmament.”

We hear the argument: “How can you be against sensible gun laws?” The response is: “How can you favor disarming victims when the aggressors are armed?”

I found this article online. It was not credited to one individual, but to a group called JPFO Liberty Crew.

Four Key Points to Defend Your Rights
By JPFO Liberty Crew // 07/01/2007

I don't consider myself a victim, but for the sake of the "gun control" argument, I like the term "victim disarmament".

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »

Yes we are. Women are to kind and gentle to get involved in shooting guns, and gender-non-conforming is just another way of saying "my parents screwed me up".

To kind and gentle, are you kidding. My wife served in the gulf war as a load master on C-5's. I bet she's a better shot than you are, whether it's shooting her AR-15 or her 6 inch 357 mag... you may want to re-write your statement.. Have you ever seen Julie Golob shoot, she's the captain of the Smith & Wesson team

NRA Member

topper

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »

To kind and gentle, are you kidding. My wife served in the gulf war as a load master on C-5's. I bet she's a better shot than you are, whether it's shooting her AR-15 or her 6 inch 357 mag... you may want to re-write your statement.. Have you ever seen Julie Golob shoot, she's the captain of the Smith & Wesson team

I stand by my statement...just don't tell your wife I said that...I bruise easily.

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 10:12:51 PM »

My wife humiliates men at the range with their own guns.
She's a Russian... her hometown was occupied and sacked by the Wehrmacht, so she understands why shooting is important.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 01:54:21 PM »
BUMP!

Just a reminder if you can make it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 02:05:58 AM »
Interesting panel discussion by Atty Kathy Jennings, Sen DelCollo, Sen Townsend, and Sen Pettyjohn moderated by Matt Albright of the News Journal. Rowdy at times requiring Sen D to utter calming words. Discussed SB 163 assault weapons ban which was weakly defended by Sen T who tried to say that §20 of article I doesn’t say “shall not be infringed” while ignoring the sentence below which says “WE DECLARE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE IS RESERVED OUT OF THE GENERAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT HEREINAFTER MENTIONED.” Unfortunately no one brought that up. Atty J related tear jerking examples of gun shot victims. Also discussed HB 302 mental health which is much better than previous bills but still needs some tweaking. HB 300 Bump stocks is languishing in the House awaiting approval of Senate amendments. Plea bargaining was obtusely defended by Atty J as prosecutors are doing the best that they can. Sen P explained that statistics are skewed by situations where a gun is found in a car, all five occupants are charged, one person goes to trial and the other four charges are dropped. Sen P related that Indian River school district has armed constables (not police) who are a deterrent. Arming teachers was not explicitly addressed.
Spoke with the moderator afterwards about concealed carry in schools being legal. He encouraged me to write in about arming teachers while mentioning that @OGG’s letter was ‘most read’.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »
Thought I saw you up on stage after the event.

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
So after seeing all that was tal;ked about, what do you think will happen?

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »
The article in the Wed News Urinal made us sound like an unruly mob, as usual.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith