Author Topic: Firearm bill of sale between CCW holders  (Read 3963 times)

Mac19701

Firearm bill of sale between CCW holders
« on: April 06, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »
I understand firearms may be transferred between DE buyer and seller without going thru FFL provided both buyer and seller have valid DE CCW permits.   I cannot find a standard bill of sale form on the web.  Can someone pls point me in the right direction? Thnx.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Firearm bill of sale between CCW holders
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:11:24 PM »
Buyer is the only one who needs the CCDW to transfer w/o BG check.

https://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/bill-of-sale/?loc=US#.Wse4_p-YWwk
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:18:46 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:33:09 PM »
A general bill of sale is all that is needed. Must be signed and notarized in front of a notary.

https://eforms.com/bill-of-sale/de/delaware-general-bill-of-sale/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »
There is no requirement under the law for a bill of sale. This would only be for protection of the seller. A photocopy of the buyers CCDW license would suffice with a description of the gun, signed and dated. The buyer need not do anything, but having this might be a defense in case the gun turned out to be stolen.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 11:16:56 PM »
I have this:

FIREARM BILL OF SALE

Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she:

• Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
• Is NOT a fugitive from justice.
• Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
• Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
• Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa.
• Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
• Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship.
• Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
• Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
• CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
• Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.

I truthfully state that I AM NOT a person who cannot legally buy, receive, and posses firearms and/or ammunition.

Full Name _________________________________________ Signature _______________________________________

Firearm(s) sold

Make: __________________ Model:_____________ Caliber: ____________ S/N: _______________ Cost: ___________

Make: __________________ Model:_____________ Caliber: ____________ S/N: _______________ Cost: ___________

Buyer                                                                                     Seller

(NAME)                                                                                   (NAME)

(ADDRESS)                                                                              (ADDRESS)

(DL)                                                                                       (DL)

(CWL)                                                                                    (CWL)

(Contact #)                                                                            (Contact #)

I understand the firearm is sold AS-IS and no warranty has been implied or given. Firearm should be inspected by a
competent gunsmith prior to using. Seller not responsible for any damages incurred or caused by the use of this firearm.

Sale Conditions: _____________________________________________________________________________________

Buyer Signature:_________________________________ Seller Signature:_____________________________________

Sale Date
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »
No need to have it notarized but would be useful in case of problems with the sale. And cheaper than going through an FFL.
MarkB: is that your own document and is it downloadable/printable? I was having a problem getting it all on one page in Office.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »
Here's what I use.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »
Use del elect's form.  It looks like mine and you can type in the info and then print it out.   Mine is also a pdf but I didn't know how to attach it to the reply.  Download the form to your computer as a pdf with Adobe Acrobat Reader and the fill blocks become usable.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:06:04 PM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 08:42:33 AM »
Thanks, del elec and MarkB. :)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »
Hey Mark, when you click on "reply" there's a prompt at the lower left that says "Additional Options". That opens up the area where you can attach files.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

MarkB

• Life Member