Author Topic: hello from a potential new reisdent of DE  (Read 10688 times)

deviant.ollam

hello from a potential new reisdent of DE
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:47:41 AM »
hi there!  i've lived in NJ for quite some time now and have been fed up with my inability to have my carry piece in my home state.  i've held valid FL, UT, and VA permits in my life and my FL one is still what i use whenever i carry in DE.

after many years of growing more and more tired of taxes, gun laws, etc in the Garden State i'm considering a move to Blue Hen country.  Ideally, i love the idea of Pennsylvania... but costs are so prohibitive there.

i'll be interested to hear what people have to say about the CCW process in DE and how i plan to migrate things over that way in the near future if a move happens.

thanks for this great resource of a forum.

ezliving

Re: hello from a potential new reisdent of DE
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:25:57 AM »
The NJ Gun Laws problem may be solved this Summer when SCOTUS rules on McDonald v. Chicago.  (My hope, also, for the Maryland Gun Laws problem.)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »
1st - WELCOME!  And welcome to the 1st state....

The process is not that bad.  The only thing I do not like is the ad in the newspaper (it must run ONCE).  Other than that not much different than your UT.   DE is also a MAY issue state.  But have seen very very few turned down.  I think there is a link here somewhere which describes the process.

Once you change  officially your residence to DE, your other permits WILL NOT cover you to CC in DE.  You MUST have DE as a DE resident to CC.  You can OC however with the exception of Dover.  The usual places are off limits along with State parks.

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

deviant.ollam

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »
The NJ Gun Laws problem may be solved this Summer when SCOTUS rules on McDonald v. Chicago.  (My hope, also, for the Maryland Gun Laws problem.)
my understanding is that McDonald is attempting to address places like Chicago, IL and Alameda, CA where firearm ownership is denied outright.

my problem with NJ is the essentially impossible matter of CCW issuance.  from what i hear, Maryland is also quite finicky with "granting" this "privilege" to her citizens, as well.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:32 PM »
Welcome and thanks for joining.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.