Author Topic: I made my Representative and Senator aware of my views  (Read 2170 times)

Kilroy08

I made my Representative and Senator aware of my views
« on: April 23, 2018, 12:49:12 AM »
I reached out to Bryan Townsend and Ed Osienski and advised them of my wishes. I can't wait to see what their replies will be.

I am writing you to voice my concern over the pending firearms legislation in the General Assembly. Specifically, House Bills 302, 330, 366, and 375, and Senate Bill 163.

In January of 2016, Esteban Parra published an article in The News Journal. This article documented the fact that the Delaware Attorney General’s Office dropped 71% of all charges pertaining to illegal possession and or criminal misuse of firearms.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2016/01/15/prosecutors-gun-charges-dont-matter-much-convictions/78428440/

My question to you is why do we need more laws when the Attorney General’s office does not enforce the ones that already exist? The only people who will be impacted by such legislation are honest, law abiding Delawareans. Laws without enforcement do nothing to deter the criminal elements. To truly discourage the criminal misuse of firearms and make our communities safer, I implore you to speak with your fellow Representatives and call the Attorney General and his subordinates to task. Demand to know why criminals are not receiving even as much as a slap on the wrist for using firearms in the course of their misdeeds.

Article I Section 20 was added to our Delaware Constitution in 1987 and reads as follows: “A person has the right to keep and bear arms for defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreation.” In 1987 the AR-15, AK-47, and other similar firearms were in existence, as were magazines with a capacity of more than ten rounds. These items were and still are owned by peaceful, law abiding Delawareans. Any legislation attempting to restrict a law abiding citizen’s right to own a firearm is not only unconstitutional with regards to the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution; it violates Article I Section 20 of the Delaware Constitution. As a constituent represented by you at Legislative Hall, I am requesting that you vote no on the aforementioned legislation and any future bills that may come before you that would violate the rights of honest, law abiding Delawareans.

If you choose to support any of these unconstitutional and illegal bills, I regretfully cannot give my consent to you retaining your office when your seat comes up for reelection. I will enthusiastically encourage my friends, family, and fellow constituents to vote for a candidate who truly respects the Constitutional rights and the wishes of their constituents.

Respectfully,

MarkB

• Life Member
Re: I made my Representative and Senator aware of my views
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 01:46:36 AM »
Very nicely written.  I request permission for myself and others here to use your thoughts and note so we can send to EVERY legislator in Dover
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:48:47 AM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Kilroy08

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »
By all means, please feel free to do so.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:31:59 PM »
Very well written and thought out argument....but you are dealing with people that could care less about those written words in our Constitutions.  I often wonder if they ever read it, if they did they obviously don't understand it.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

RLS

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 02:19:05 AM »
Remind them that they each took the Oath of Office.

"I,  (name) , do proudly swear (or affirm) to carry out the responsibilities of the office of

(name of office)  to the best of my ability, freely acknowledging that the powers of this office flow from the people I am privileged to represent. I further swear (or affirm) always to place the public interests above any special or personal interests, and to respect the right of future generations to share the rich historic and natural heritage of Delaware. In doing so I will always uphold and defend the Constitutions of my Country and my State, so help me God."

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
Naw....we'll just skip the last part...and maybe the first part, and maybe the middle........ >:(
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
Remind them that they each took the Oath of Office.

"I,  (name) , do proudly swear (or affirm) to carry out the responsibilities of the office of

(name of office)  to the best of my ability, freely acknowledging that the powers of this office flow from the people I am privileged to represent. I further swear (or affirm) always to place the public interests above any special or personal interests, and to respect the right of future generations to share the rich historic and natural heritage of Delaware. In doing so I will always uphold and defend the Constitutions of my Country and my State, so help me God."

Oh yeah, they just thought this was some thing  that they had to say to get in office. They don't really believe it. They are really following the Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. That's what they cling to and believe.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun