Author Topic: UK: "Knives are too sharp and filing them down is solution to soaring violent cr  (Read 2598 times)

Paladin4CA

More anti knife hysteria from the UK....

This is just another example of where the Leftists and antis would LOVE to take us in the USA. This is just another example of why you should be a member of www.KnifeRights.org -- they're the NRA of knife rights!

A judge has proposed a nationwide programme to file down the points of kitchen knives as a solution to the country’s soaring knife crime epidemic.

Last week in his valedictory address, retiring Luton Crown Court Judge Nic Madge spoke of his concern that carrying a knife had become routine in some circles and called on the Government to ban the sale of large pointed kitchen knives.

Latest figures show stabbing deaths among teenagers and young adults have reached the highest level for eight years, and knife crime overall rose 22 per cent in 2017.

In the past two months, he said, there have been 77 knife-related incidents in Bedfordshire, including three killings.

<snip>

He said laws designed to reduce the availability of weapons to young would-be offenders had had “almost no effect”, since the vast majority had merely taken knives from a cutlery drawer.

<snip>

"The reason why these measures have little effect is that the vast majority of knives carried by youths are ordinary kitchen knives. Every kitchen contains lethal knives which are potential murder weapons.
More at: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/27/knives-sharp-filing-solution-soaring-violent-crime-judge-says/
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

MarkB

• Life Member
What can you say about this idiocy?  A few years ago I ordered a small boot knife from a British company.  Thr "knife" that sent me did not have a sharpened edge, not even close.  A call to the company and I was told that British export laws did not allow sharpened knives to be sold and shipped.  They said I cold have someone local sharpen the "knife".  This was a $95.00 "knife".  I sent that piece of metal back.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3