Author Topic: I Think Its time  (Read 4366 times)

Road Warrior

I Think Its time
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
 Delaware is turning into California East. As long as we allow a single party hold on our state government, we will continue to suffer these attacks on our second amendment. Delaware's King Governor is forcing his agenda since our victory against  concealed carry in public parks and his knee jerk reaction to the mass murders in Florida. 17 People were shot in New Jersey Art Gallery recently; so much for gun control. I think its time to send a message to the king Governor. I'm willing to get it started but I'll need a lot of help to start a recall to remove the kingGovernor. We need to organize all of the gun owners and everyone else who believes its time to stop this nonsense. We got it going with the concealed carry on public lands, now its time to expand and flex our muscles.
Poop or get off the toilet.

Road Warrior

Re: I Think Its time
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »
Yea, this is exactly the response I expected. A bunch of keyboard warriors on this forum. The reason the politicians push bills like SB163 is because they know people like the ones on this site will not do anything about it. Let me try Delaware gun Rights maybe they're not afraid to stand up for themselves. you'll can go back to sleep now thank you.

Etrier

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »
It is my understanding that Delaware does not have a recall provision in it’s constitution or the Delaware code.  I believe there is an impeachment provision in the constitution but that would be a real stretch to meet those requirements.  Please cite the section of the Delaware constitution or Delaware code that provides for a recall and the requirements that must be met to achieve a recall.  If recall is possible, I am sure your suggestion will be seriously be considered.
Kydex Holster Maker

Road Warrior

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »
Here's how you do it or at least start. In other words get the kings Governors attention. https://www.change.org/p/john-carney-remove-governor-john-carney-for-impededing-on-delawareans-civil-liberties
Why don't the rest of you stand up and be counted if you really believe that our State government is out of control. There a petition above to let Carey know we don't like what he is doing. In stead of just talking about it try doing something about it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:24:51 PM by Road Warrior »

Etrier

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 07:04:43 PM »
I don’t think you understand the commitment of the members of this group to stop anti gun legislation.  We were there as part of the 800 who attended the first DGR event in Dover when the gun ban was introduced, we were there at each of three DSSA meetings of three to four hundred held in each county, we were there with nearly four hundred at the gun debate in Middletown, we were there with a couple hundred at the committee meeting for SB 163 and we were there for the attempt to suspend the rules for SB 163.  In addition we meet with legislators when they hold meetings in there local districts for additional face to face contact with them.  We are NRA, DSSA, and DGR, believe me that the Governor and all the legislators know who we are with or without a petition.
Kydex Holster Maker

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 08:29:33 PM »
I second @etrier's comments.  A simple forum search would reveal our activities re SB 163, HB 366, HB 300, HB 366, HB 302 and other topics. We are more interested in the achievable goal of flipping the DE Senate.  Seagull management attracts no allies. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 11:23:43 PM »
OP, you've posted 3 times, all 3 in this thread... to tell us that we suck.
Nice to meet you too.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Kilroy08

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 12:12:41 AM »
OP, you've posted 3 times, all 3 in this thread... to tell us that we suck.
Nice to meet you too.

I think you nailed it on the head. He comes in, spouts off with a bunch of stuff, and when we ignore him he tries to get us all riled up. In my opinion, he's just here to cause trouble.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
Just like the proverbial Seagull manager: flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and flies away. (Awaiting step 4).
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Road Warrior

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »
I'll say it again, bunch of keyboard warriors. One starts it and the other follow. Talk about seagulls. Must be a bunch of progressive democRATS.
Ok, with that out the of the way. How many of you signed the petition?  Instead you rather get 800 people together to rally around to prevent SB 163 from passing and what happen. The KingGovernor asked to have rules changes to move his personal agenda along. The problem here is you guys are trying to fight a fair fight against someone who fights dirty. It's like you're bring a knife to a gun fight.
     Couple of years ago some law makers in Arizona ( I think) decided to push gun laws though and succeeded. The people there didn't like it and they had the representatives removed from office. Now, guess what happen? No more gun control BS in Arizona. ( I'll try to find this story and post it here)

That's what we need to do here. Even if we don't succeed in removing him but make enough noise to rattle them in Dover I believe we can call that a good day. If we do get him thrown out Guys like Townsend, Henry, and Marshall, will craw back into their holes because thats what rats do when you scare them.

Etrier

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:33 PM »
Why the push to sign a petition for recall of the governor when Delaware has no legal recall provisions in it’s constitution or laws? Maybe you could tell us what effect a petition started by the same person as the one you are pushing from last year to “Repeal ban on certain NFA firearms” has had on our elected representatives? Who was that petition delivered to? What effect did it have?  Any pictures available of the presentation?  Regarding the current petition, when will it be presented and to whom?  So let’s get to the heart of the petition that you think we should all sign, it is sponsored by a web site called change.org a for profit San Francisco California company located in the heart of the anti gun west coast.  A signer of the petition must create an account and they data mine and sell email addresses.  Change.org uses a financial institution that openly states that it will not do business with gun related companies.  Based on what I found with a little research I would strongly recommend that no one on this forum even consider signing the petition.  The goal of the petition can not be achieved and you end up financially supporting a pro gun control company from the west coast without them being up front about it.
Kydex Holster Maker

RLS

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 09:01:18 PM »

Couple of years ago some law makers in Arizona ( I think) decided to push gun laws though and succeeded. The people there didn't like it and they had the representatives removed from office. Now, guess what happen? No more gun control BS in Arizona. ( I'll try to find this story and post it here)

You may try Colorado.

Road Warrior

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »
Etrier, you are 100% correct in the fact that there are no provisions in the state of Delaware to remove any officials from office.  Please see https://ballotpedia.org/Delaware. Just like John Carney tried to change the rules; why can't we. Just because someone told me I can't do something it never stoped me from doing it.

The petition I'm referring to is sponsored by a person named Nickolas Rapine on a web site called change.org. It's not sponsored by change.org. Here's a little research that I did on change.org:

Change.org is a petition website operated by for-profit Change.org, Inc., an American certified B corporation[2] which claims to have over 100 million users[3] and hosts sponsored campaigns for organizations. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.[4] The website serves to facilitate petitions by the general public.[5]

Corporations including Virgin America,[6] and organizations such as Amnesty International and the Humane Society, pay the site to host and promote their petitions.[7] Change.org's stated mission is to "empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see."[8] Popular topics of Change.org petitions are economic and criminal justice, human rights, education, environmental protection, animals rights, health, and sustainable food. Number 7 sounds like something I would like to do; how about you?

No one is required to create an account to sign a petition but You are required if you want to become a member of Change.org. No money is involved unless you wish to contribute. Your choice for both!

You see Mr ETRIER is your typical Delaware progressive DemocRAT. After reading his last post I would have been ready to burn down Change.org., but that's what progressive democrats do. Change a few facts or make something up to promote and justify their ideas. Yes their located in the heart of the anti gun west. No you don't have to create an account, unlike Facebook, your data will not be mined or email address sold. None of that happens as long as you don't become a member of Change.org or Facebook and you're mot required to become a member. His whole post was about changing the facts to justify his opinion sort of like trying to control everything. Bank of America is the only company  mention who does not do business with gun related businesses, but read what Wikipedia says about BOA. Nothing about gun business.  Here's the TRUTH: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change.org. Mr ETRIER's last statement is total fiction.  The petition can change the law by enough people asking the governor to step down, and no-one is asking you to support any pro gun control company

I would be a little Leary of anyone twisting the facts to justify their stance on a subject. When it comes to deciding on signing this petition Try to remember this , 'If it's stu pid but it works, it isn't stu pid'  "Naval Ops Manual"

OK, let the threats and name calling begin....
Johnathan Livingston Seagull

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 11:11:53 PM »
You see Mr ETRIER is your typical Delaware progressive DemocRAT.

There is no need to come up here, among a large group of people who have worked together for a long time -- much harder than you have -- to secure and protect our rights, and toss around insults.

Bye, Felicia.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
I think I know who the keyboard warrior is on this thread.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer