Author Topic: SB 163 DIES in Senate  (Read 5182 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
SB 163 DIES in Senate
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:51:30 PM »
Today from Delaware On Line: https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/19/delaware-senate-refuses-revive-assault-weapons-ban/713255002/

Please make sure you thank your Senator as well as Sen. Brian Bushweller of Dover and Sen. Bruce Ennis, D-Smyrna.  Both Democrats voted against SB 163.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:57:12 PM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: SB 163 DIES in Senate
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »
I was there.  It's a GREAT day, but the fight is FAR from over.

Thanks to all who were there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 09:22:42 PM »
I agree.  They may try something else before the end of session.  The last day or two gets interesting.  And they will be back next session.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »
I just received this email from the NRA-ILA:

Delaware: Gun Ban Dies in the Delaware Senate

Today, Senate Bill 163 was defeated for the second time this session when the gun ban legislation failed to garner enough votes to be brought to the floor for consideration.  Senate Bill 163 was one of the most extreme gun control bills introduced this session.

Introduced as Senate Bill 163 and pushed by Governor Carney, this anti-gun legislation sought to ban semi-automatic firearms commonly-owned for self-defense, target shooting and hunting.  Further, SB 163 would have banned the sale, transfer, purchase, or possession of so-called “assault weapons.”

Thank you to NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters who continued to contact their lawmakers in opposition to this legislation.  Also, special thanks to those legislators who supported the Second Amendment rights of Delaware citizens by voting against Senate Bill 163.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:53:23 PM »
Thank you emails sent to Sen.Ennis and Sen.Bushweller. I want to thank everyone who helped defeat this bill.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 12:35:03 AM »
I agree.  They may try something else before the end of session.  The last day or two gets interesting.  And they will be back next session.

Right you are!   Watch for the magazine ban and the denial of gun rights for under 21. 
They will never give up. We need to stay together and give nothing up.

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:19 AM »
Townsend added 2 amendments to SB163 after it failed to be brought up again before the end of the session!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Paladin4CA

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 02:56:20 AM »
Congrats from the Left coast....  ;)
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 03:07:44 AM »
Townsend added 2 amendments to SB163 after it failed to be brought up again before the end of the session!!

These amendments were added after the no vote today?  I'm having problems getting on the legislature website right now.  What were the amendments?

Never mind.  I was able t get through and view the amendments.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:38:30 AM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 10:15:33 AM »

These amendments were added after the no vote today?  I'm having problems getting on the legislature website right now.  What were the amendments?

Never mind.  I was able t get through and view the amendments.
Can you send the link?

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »
Here is the webpage for the Delaware legislature.  Here you can find a bill, check Senate and House schedules and committees.  Just enter the bill number (SB 163) in the "Find a Bill" section.  This brings up the description of the bill and any amendments that have been attached (PDF files that yu can open.

http://legis.delaware.gov/
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

JonathanG

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »
The amendments are time stamped before the motion to suspend rules vote was taken. In the broader view, the amendments don’t matter because the bill died in committee. Amendments to the bill can’t be made, because the bill never made it to the floor in the first place. Yesterday’s circus was an attempt to suspend the rules of order and force the bill to the floor. Townsend and his commie cohorts simply had the amendments prepared in the event they managed to get the bill onto the Senate floor for debate.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 04:46:43 PM »
Digging around on the legis web site, I still haven't found any record that SB 163 failed to get out of the Senate Judiciary committee or the suspension of the rules vote. Seems that the powers-that-be (read Dems) don't want that to be a matter of record. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:31 PM »
Digging around on the legis web site, I still haven't found any record that SB 163 failed to get out of the Senate Judiciary committee or the suspension of the rules vote. Seems that the powers-that-be (read Dems) don't want that to be a matter of record.  
Good point CB.  There are 21 senators but reports are that the vote was 10-9 against.  Who are the missing two senators?

I had to dig around news sites to see that Gerald Hocker (R) missed the vote and Catherine Cloutier Cathe (R) was sick with pneumonia. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:41:21 PM by Clarence »

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »
2 Democrats and all Republicans voted SB 163 down. The 2 Dems were Bushweller and Ennis.

(sorry for the brainfart)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:59:12 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun