Author Topic: Any DE resident ever get a MD permit?  (Read 10740 times)

Grebnehtor

Any DE resident ever get a MD permit?
« on: December 06, 2009, 06:05:38 AM »
I haven't even heard back from the DA yet on my DE permit but I was looking at handgunlaw.us at the MD state requirements and I don't really fit into any of them.  I live in DE, but I do travel into MD frequently.  I get the impression that MD only honors MD permits?  

Thanks,
Steve

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Any DE resident ever get a MD permit?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 12:41:02 PM »
Maryland and jersey wont happen. From everything I've heard about MD you either need to know someone or have an open restraining order against somebody... and thats for residents. You'll just have to get in the habit of pulling over at the state line and putting it in the trunk.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:28:36 PM »
MD permits are like big foot and the Lochness Monster, we've all heard of them but no one has ever seen one. :D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:33:11 PM »
ROFL, Sig!!! 

My suggestion is to get a job in MD and then get mugged or have something terrible happen.. then you can apply for your permit. 

They have a great system over there.  I think it's the whole "survival of the fittest hillbilly".  :)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »
A few years ago that Ripleys TV show had pictures of old Nessie......no one has seen a MD permit though! ;D
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Aries

• DSF Training
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:13:55 AM »
MD permits are like big foot and the Lochness Monster, we've all heard of them but no one has ever seen one. :D
I know a couple people that have Maryland ccw permit, When I worked as a BEA in Maryland back in the 90s the gentleman I worked for had a permit, I know a couple lawyers in Harford County that have ccw permits and there's a few more around the state. But the last person I spoke with told me it took him 8 years to get approved and he's an FFL Dealer

Hank

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
Hi all,
Getting a CCW In the fine States of N.J. and MD Is very easy, If your name Is GOD.
No one else need apply!!!

Semper Fi all. Hank.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »
ROFL! Hank!!!

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident