Author Topic: Finally, I did it.  (Read 3622 times)

GoNavy

Finally, I did it.
« on: June 30, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
After following this forum for quiet some time, I finally signed up.  I have found this site to be helpful and informative.  I am a member of the NRA, DSSA, and USCCA.  With money being tight (you know what I'm talking about - kids in college and high school), I am at the point of taking a ccw training class and turning in my paper work to the courts.  I plan on carrying a H&K VP9 (more on that later).  Looking forward to future discussions.  Side note:  I have one son in the Marine Corp.  God bless the USA

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Finally, I did it.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 12:20:46 PM »
Welcome aboard @gonavy. A military family indeed. Expect that there is plenty of squid-jarhead banter at your house. Out oars, app in, class taken, laws learned, carry gear prepped, and mindset established. The time will come when it is all hands on deck.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:28:30 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

airman1968

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »
Welcome gonavy.... enjoy the site.
U.S. Air Force Vietnam Veteran
CCDW Delaware, CCW from Ut,Fl,Az,Ma.
NRA Life member
Life Member VFW
Life Member DAV

greymas

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:38:59 AM »
Welcome from another proud DSSA member!

Cutter

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
Congrats...hope you make out well with the VP9 carry. I carry mine frequently and really enjoy it at the range!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »
Welcome!  You will find lots of friendly people here.

What county are you in?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GoNavy

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 08:39:21 PM »
I live and work in Kent County.  I moved here almost 10 years ago from the deep south.  I don't get to shoot as often as I would like.  Back home, we could literally go out the back door, walk 5 minutes and shoot to your heart's desire.  Yet, I know it is still important to be active, politically and socially if we are to keep our rights. God bless the USA! 

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »
Again welcome!

You can find ccdw classes up and down the state.  If you are willing to take it in NCC, I offer it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »
In lower Kent County and upper Sussex County, the place to go is Marino's Tactical Solutions by Kirk Marino. His place is just south of the auction in Lincoln on Clendaniel Rd.  It is possible to get all your training in one day there, instead of multiple trips several times a week, as other places. Kirk is also a police officer, I might add.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun