Author Topic: Firearms Safety Course Certificate  (Read 9823 times)

ant4

Firearms Safety Course Certificate
« on: December 08, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »
I am Delaware resident and I just completed a saftey course and received my certificate for a Florida non-resident permit. I took the course in PA and I was wondering if I could use this same certificate to apply for a DE CCW Permit? If so, is there any time frame from the time I received the certificate to the time I have to apply? 

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Firearms Safety Course Certificate
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
My OPINION (you know what is said about that???), I'd say NO unless it states the course covered everything in DE code 1441 a-j.  If it is a NRA Basic Pistol Cert, I'd say no.

If you wanted to try it....
Run your ad NOW
Get your references NOW
Schedule finger printing (FP)

Ad must be run ONCE in a news paper with (I think) 35% circulation in your area.  Must wait 10 days after ad to file.  If you schedule for finger printing now (Troop 2) I think it will be 2-3 weeks before they will get you in.  If you go to Dover, walk-ins welcome.  Once you are FP'ed, you have 30 days to file.  If you take more than 30 days, you have to be FP'ed again.  Then you wait.. and wait.... and ....

If all goes well, you'll get the DOJ letter.  Then a week to 2 weeks later you will get a letter from the court.  Stating you have 90 days from the date of the letter to turn in a cert or the application will automatically be denied.

I did my training AFTER receiving the 2 letters.

If you try this, I'd make SURE I could get the training BEFORE the 90 days are up.

Oh, BTW, the waiting SUCKS!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Aries

• DSF Training
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 08:55:20 PM »
I was wondering if I could use this same certificate to apply for a DE CCW Permit?
Call the instructor that handle the course and ask him/her if it complies with Del:1441

Hank

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
Hi Ant4.
You got me thinking, I do that from time to time?
Just what course did you take In PA.??? As far as I know PA. Is a must Issue state and no course Is needed unless they changed something for the good, I hope so???

Semper Fi all. Hank

norwood

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 08:12:47 PM »
i called a couple instructors that give classes in pa and they told me specifically that it will not work in delaware because they do not cover delaware laws