Author Topic: First step; complete.  (Read 5877 times)

GoNavy

First step; complete.
« on: July 29, 2018, 07:14:42 PM »
Completed the course yesterday for the CCW.  Very informative and interesting.  When next step completed, will update.   

GoNavy

Re: First step; complete.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »
Went by the Dover Post today to place my ad.  It will run in the paper soon.  I will update when next step(s) completed. 

GoNavy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »
Went by DSP to get fingerprinted.  Waiting for the time period to go by since my ad ran in the newspaper.  Another step closer.  Will update soon. 

Trapper

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 03:33:34 AM »
Way to go! Hopefully the wait goes by quickly for you.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

GoNavy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 01:36:42 AM »
Went by the Prothonotary Office today and submitted my paperwork.  Easy and relatively painless, except as I was walking in and turning off my cell phone the officer informed me that no electronic devices were allowed.  No problem, took cell to truck and walk back in.  The wait is on.  Will be interesting to see how long it takes.  Never the less, I'm excited to have this done.  Will update when I receive my permit.  God bless the USA!

GoNavy

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 12:43:49 AM »
A co-worker of mine received her permit in about 2 1/2 weeks after submitting her paperwork.  I have not heard of anyone getting such a fast response.  I am at the 2 week point and still waiting.  Lucky for me, I am a patient person.  I was thinking it will be closer to November, would make for a great early Christmas present. 

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
As someone who spends a great deal of time working in and around the courts for work, I can honestly say there really is very little rhyme or reason as to when things are accomplished sometimes.  Just hang in there.  I put my application in in August of 2016 and did not receive my permit until the first business day of January, 2017.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
As someone who spends a great deal of time working in and around the courts for work, I can honestly say there really is very little rhyme or reason as to when things are accomplished sometimes.  Just hang in there.  I put my application in in August of 2016 and did not receive my permit until the first business day of January, 2017.
I heard that delay was caused by your request for a 00 permit. :)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 01:39:26 PM »
As someone who spends a great deal of time working in and around the courts for work, I can honestly say there really is very little rhyme or reason as to when things are accomplished sometimes.  Just hang in there.  I put my application in in August of 2016 and did not receive my permit until the first business day of January, 2017.
I heard that delay was caused by your request for a 00 permit. :)

Two birds, one stone.  You know how it is. 

GoNavy

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 11:49:51 PM »
YES!!  Walked in the house today and my wife handed me a letter from the Superior Court.  I received my permit.  Took 6 weeks 2 days.  Not too bad, considering some of the stories I have heard.  God bless America!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 01:56:06 AM »
Congrats and welcome to the club. Carry safely and wisely. Carry insurance is important. Remember the laws including ‘duty to retreat’ and exceptions thereto. Keep the four gun laws in mind.  Recognize Ability, Opportunity, and Intent then exercise Preclusion. Move thru the Color Codes as needed. 
(I think I remembered the all key points).  Feel free to pitch in and help sharpen each other.
Fair winds and following seas.
New Castle County

Cutter

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
Don’t believe I’m aware of the “4 gun rule”.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 11:13:50 AM »
Welcome to the (extremely) Unorganized Militia. You will find yourself becoming more non-confrontational than you could ever imagine.
Every time some road-rager or other m0r0n seeks conflict with you, your first thought will be "How can I get out of this without making things worse/drawing my gun?"

We pray that you will always find that answer.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 12:46:46 PM »
Went by the Prothonotary Office today and submitted my paperwork.  Easy and relatively painless, except as I was walking in and turning off my cell phone the officer informed me that no electronic devices were allowed.  No problem, took cell to truck and walk back in.  The wait is on.  Will be interesting to see how long it takes.  Never the less, I'm excited to have this done.  Will update when I receive my permit.  God bless the USA!

They're so brilliant sometimes... you can't bring in a phone, but you can bring in a laptop, and they do offer WiFi (at least in Wilmington).
That's secure: that little phone is a danger to justice, but my much more capable laptop obviously poses no threat...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
Don’t believe I’m aware of the “4 gun rule”.
From Jeff Cooper webpage on Wikipedia
Firearms safety
Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:

All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)
Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.
Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

Also covered in the above writeup are the Color Codes (White, Yellow, Orange, and Red) and firearm Conditions, e.g., Condition 1: mag inserted, round in chamber, safety on.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:58:27 AM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County