Author Topic: Bump Stock Ban Introduced  (Read 7431 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Bump Stock Ban Introduced
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »
Even though I am a longtime member of the NRA, a conservative and a CC permit holder, I have to say, I see no good use or need for "bump-stocks" or similar modifications to Semi-automatic guns. It turns them into
machine-guns, and they are already illegal.

As of now I would like to see Delaware HB 300 passed . This may not be a popuar stance with the rest of the forum. But it is what it is.

Respectfully, that is the wrong attitude to have. Give an inch, pretty soon you'll run out of inches. Ask Neville Chamberlain how well appeasement worked for him.

While I, too, have no interest in bump stocks, it's a free country. You want to buy one and blow through ammo just for the sake of it? Go for it. Who am I to stifle someone's fun as long as it's not a danger to others?
Well said.   No more inches. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »
I know it's been a while since any comments were made on this subject, but the "bump-stock" ban is back and in effect.

Under HB 300 passed and signed into law last June, it is illegal to possess, own, buy or sell, or transfer a bump-stock or trigger crank in the State of Delaware.  The state is now ready to do a "buy-back" program on bump-stocks and trigger cranks. The buy backs will be held Saturday from 10 AM to 2PM at: DSP Troupe 3 Camden, 3759 S. State St. Dover

DSP  Troupe 4, 23652 Shortly Rd. Georgetown

DSP Troupe 2, 100 Lagrange Ave., Newark

A second buy back will take place next Wednesday from 4PM to 8PM at same locations.

Owners will receive $100 for bump-stocks and $15.00 for trigger cranks.

When the program ends, anyone caught with such devices are subject to arrest on a class B misdemeanor, with up to 6 months in jail, while a Class E felony can get you up to 5 years jail time.

I guess you understand that would also disqualify you for a DECCW permit forever in Delaware and most states.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:36:44 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 02:17:27 PM »
It's a good thing that no one remembers that you don'y even need a special stock to bump fire. Many years ago I was a Primary Marksmanship Instructor (PMI) in the Marines. I also provided instruction on proper grip management to avoid accidentally cycling the weapon. I would even demonstrate how that can happen. So there's that.

Belt loops??
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 03:37:47 PM »
It's a good thing that no one remembers that you don'y even need a special stock to bump fire. Many years ago I was a Primary Marksmanship Instructor (PMI) in the Marines. I also provided instruction on proper grip management to avoid accidentally cycling the weapon. I would even demonstrate how that can happen. So there's that.

Belt loops??
Probably have to cut all of them off soon .....

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 11:36:30 PM »
Bump stocks only benefit Ammo sales. They can go through a box of ammo in seconds.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun