Author Topic: New to De.  (Read 8882 times)

fredbaro

New to De.
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
I have had a PA ccw for aprox. 17years and now moving to DE. Noticed they want 5 references from DE for application with just moving here do not know anyone from DE is there another way or will they accept from PA in this situation. Thank You

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: New to De.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »
Welcome to Delaware.

Bad news is no.  Since you are new to DE, they will also want a FULL notarized driving record from PA.
Any other question on the process, ask.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:49:56 PM »
Welcome aboard, @fredbaro. Which county are you moving to?

The requirement for 5 reference from the county of residence is law not a regulation or policy.  Conventional advice is to frequent a local shooting range, make friends, and ask for references.  
Delcode details here.
(a2) At the same time the person shall file, with the Prothonotary, a certificate of 5 respectable citizens of the county in which the applicant resides at the time of filing the application. The certificate shall clearly state that the applicant is a person of full age, sobriety and good moral character, that the applicant bears a good reputation for peace and good order in the community in which the applicant resides, and that the carrying of a concealed deadly weapon by the applicant is necessary for the protection of the applicant or the applicant's property, or both. The certificate shall be signed with the proper signatures and in the proper handwriting of each such respectable citizen.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:54:58 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

fredbaro

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
Thanks for the responses, Guess will be waiting a little while to apply but will get there. Moving to New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »
Volunteering @radnor as a good contact for the Delaware State Pistol Club.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Packing_Nine

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 11:00:33 PM »
Moving to New Castle County

Many of us live in NCC, myself included. Ommelanden has a nice pistol range, and the cost is extremely reasonable. The hours are weekends and Wednesday afternoons. Perhaps if we happened to meet there, we could get to know each other. As Cbmarine said, the range is a great place to make references.

Steveo

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 07:27:37 PM »
Moving to New Castle County

Many of us live in NCC, myself included. Ommelanden has a nice pistol range, and the cost is extremely reasonable. The hours are weekends and Wednesday afternoons. Perhaps if we happened to meet there, we could get to know each other. As Cbmarine said, the range is a great place to make references.

The range is now open on Thursday and Fridays also.