Author Topic: Anyone know how to get a PA. CCW without going up to PA.  (Read 12272 times)

Hank

Anyone know how to get a PA. CCW without going up to PA.
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
Hi all.
Some time back I read on this site about one county up In PA. that you could send In for an out of state CCW, It was back 2 months ago, or a little more? My wife has been going theough chemo, and If any of you have ever know anyone that has been there, you well know what I mean when I say It takes over your life, and you don't have time for anything.

I have my DE. CCW and when we lived In PA. I had my PA. CCW for ten years. We have been down here for 6 years now. I did check with someone that I lived by In PA. and they checked and said I would have to come up there to get the forms, and I just don't have the time now. I also have my out of state CCW from Florida, but that does not cover PA.

I thank you all for any Info that you can pass along, My wife Is doing a little better and I should be able to spend a little more time on here ?
Semper Fi all. Hank.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Anyone know how to get a PA. CCW without going up to PA.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »
I know Centre county will do everything by mail. Best wishes for your family.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 12:16:53 AM »
Here you go Hank, and I hope your Wife makes out ok.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=8.0
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hank

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 12:43:39 AM »
Hi all.
I thank you all. and also I thank you for the good wishes for my wife. I think that this Is just what I need.
Semper Fi all. Hank

Hank

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »
Hi all.
I know every time you get an answer there Is always another question, I down loaded everythinf just fine, and I'm ready to send it In, Do I need 2 passport photos to go along with It? It did not say any place that I could see?
Thanks again for all the help, I was not looking forward to two trips up to Philly, and I just don't have the time now. Thank You all.

Semper Fi all. Hank.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 03:12:19 PM »
Nope no photos needed. Your permit is just a piece of paper that you can copy at 60% and laminate and keep the original home safe.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »
Or just mail $2.95 and two box tops to Kelloggs C/O PA CCW Permit Division.  :) 

Hank, unfortunately I have been there and done that with my Dad for chemo.  I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  I hope your wife is responding well to it and will be out of the woods shortly. 

Let us know how you make out with your PA permit. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Hank

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »
Hi all.
My wife Is doing much better, the doctor says he like what he sees, In about two weeks she will have another PET/or CAT scan and as they say, the proof of the pudding Is In the tasting??? But thank you for your good wishes.
Now as far as my out of state PA. CCW, I got It back today, I would have to say, that was very fast. I just sent It In last week. I think what made It even faster, I also sent In copys of my CCW fron DE. my out of state CCW from FL. my old CCW from PA. We moved down here 6 years ago from the Stroudsburg area of the Pocono's and I had my CCW for ten years, and It ran out. So I can't say that It helped, but I guess It did not hurt.

So I want to thank all for the very good Info about how to get my out of state CCW from PA. It worked like a charm, and I didn't even have to leave the house, So Thank you, thank you and thank you. My dear Mother always told me, That It was very important which end of the horse you went to for your most Important Infomation. And I got It from the horses mouth.

Florida's out of state CCW Is good for 7 years, PA.s Is good for 5 years and the state we live In Is just good for 2 years the first go around and 3 the second, I think I have what I need for now,

How did the rest of you do with the snow, we are In Lincoln , that's just South of Milford and we only got about maybe 12" at the most, but It's hard to tell with the drifting and all. This Is the worst that we have seen In our 6 years down here, Up In the Pocono's this would have been a dusting, no big deal at all, but we are here and we have to deal with It.

Thanks again, and Semper Fi all. Hank

norwood

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
congratulations!

rehoboth didn't see much snow.. few inches then it all turned to ice
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:10:10 PM by norwood »

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:46:10 PM »
Glad to hear your wife is doing good. We got about 15" snow

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
Very glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident