Author Topic: This is who wants to take our guns away  (Read 2748 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
This is who wants to take our guns away
« on: October 29, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »
We have a candidate running for office in my development. Someone found out the NRA made a donation and it was accepted. Now people are pissed. So one woman said we need stricter gun laws. So i asked what are her ideas for doing this. Here is a perfect example of who we are dealing with. You're gonna love this. Taken from my Next Door App from Meadows of Shawnee.

Joanne and Mike, Meadows At Shawnee·1h ago
I have no issue with someone who wants to hunt with a gun. But what hunter needs military assault-type weapons? What kind of hunt is that?

Ideas from some preliminary research: We need to ban weapons of war. We can expand age requirement to 21. Require owners to use locked storage. Have a gun buy-back program. Discourage bulk purchases. Pressure dealers whose gun sales are connected to crimes. Strengthen background checks re private and online sales, and make them thorough (not instant); add waiting periods (prevents gun suicides). Prevent violent boyfriends from owning guns. Encourage court orders to disarm family members with mental health problems. Overall licensing laws (like cars).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:19:03 PM by FreakShow »
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: This is who wants to take our guns away
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »
Hey Freak. This should indicate that you should move the hell out of DE. I know I am really trying to get the hell out of here. Apparently I made a big mistake in moving here in 1994.  Regards to all.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
I'm thinking these kinds of people are everywhere and hard to get away from. But i hear ya!

NRA Member

hap_hazzard

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 11:53:03 PM »
Didn’t the federal government come out and say something the the effect that the AR is NOT a weapon of war or am I mistaken. I’m thinking these folks did not get the memo. The other point is that the 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting or an individual’s right to self protection 😀   Perhaps civics should be taught again in schools rather than underwater basket weaving and lesbian dance theory.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 12:02:36 AM »
Didn’t the federal government come out and say something the the effect that the AR is NOT a weapon of war or am I mistaken. I’m thinking these folks did not get the memo. The other point is that the 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting or an individual’s right to self protection 😀   Perhaps civics should be taught again in schools rather than underwater basket weaving and lesbian dance theory.
hap hazzard , do you happen to listen to Dave Ramsey ? The under water basket weaving sounds like I have heard that before .

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:55 AM »
hap hazzard , do you happen to listen to Dave Ramsey ? The under water basket weaving sounds like I have heard that before .
That college-level “course” has been around since the ‘60s. Regarding the right to bear arms, I am certain many of us are oathkeepers (lower case “o”).  The woman quoted by the OP is an elitist idealogical chameleon plus other gun-control varieties.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »

The AR is no more that a semi-automatic rifle like any other semi-automatic hunting rifle, except for one thing.  It has a cosmetic difference based on it's appearance. It looks scary to the "Snowflakes", and anything that looks scary has to be abolished to maintain their "Helicopter Mom" dominated, scary childish world. They are not brave Patriotic adults, they are immature 18 to 40 year old children.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »
Anything that most people don't know about or are not educated enough on scares them

NRA Member