Author Topic: Today's Hit Piece in the News Journal  (Read 9808 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Today's Hit Piece in the News Journal
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »
As expected, this article as slanted against guns and makes the NRA out as the bad guy. Note this quote of page 2.
A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said.
As duly noted in the comments section, that is only 100 out of more than 30,000 firearm homicides.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20091212/NEWS02/912120331

More fair and balanced reporting from the News Urinal.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Today's Hit Piece in the News Journal
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »
"Chattanooga retiree Ken Hasse, 71, said he worries about the possible consequences of allowing people to carry their guns in places like parks. "It's going to tempt somebody to use one," he said"

Why would I be tempted to use my gun in a park? Like any where I go the only way I would use my gun is if me and or my family is threatened.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
Yup, I'd be tempted to use mine to squirrel hunt right about the time Timmy is feeding it.

"are you serious?"?  Ken Hasse sounds like he's got a touch of the stupids.  Then again, most of America seems to these days.

Too bad that report doesnt break down where the permits were issued from of those who killed someone AND broke it down if those who killed someone did so in self defense or just for giggles. 

The News Urinal sucks.  I wish I had enough money to start my own paper.  It would ruin TNU.
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »
What makes it worse is that it was written by the Associated Press.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.