Author Topic: Revision of Delaware Constitution  (Read 2320 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
Revision of Delaware Constitution
« on: November 08, 2018, 10:47:51 PM »
Fortunately, the Delaware Constitution has a decent procedure for amending the Constitution.  So, Section 20, Right to Keep and Bear Arms, should be safe.

§l. Proposal of Constitutional amendments in General Assembly; procedure.

Section l. Any amendment or amendments to this Constitution may be proposed in the Senate or House of Representatives; and if the same shall be agreed to by two-thirds of all the members elected to each House, such proposed amendment or amendments shall be entered on their journals, with the yeas and nays taken thereon, and the Secretary of State shall cause such proposed amendment or amendments to be published three months before the next General Election in at least three newspapers in each county in which such newspapers shall be published; and if in the General Assembly next after the said election such proposed amendment or amendments shall upon yea and nay vote be agreed to by two-thirds of all the members elected to each House, the same shall thereupon become part of the Constitution.

§20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. (4-16-87)

Section 20 will become valuable and useful as the year progresses.  Lawyers will be gainfully employed.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Revision of Delaware Constitution
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:56:32 PM »
But they will try that, or an end run, thinking no one will notice.  Unless you hadn't notice, they are a devious bunch.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 11:05:15 AM »
But they will try that, or an end run, thinking no one will notice.  Unless you hadn't notice, they are a devious bunch.

Doubtful. Our friends at DSSA are pretty sharp. I think the recent DNREC rulings have shown that.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »
They will just appoint judges that will ignore the constitution.  Just read the dissent in the State Parks case,
Two justices including the Chief Justice basicly said that Article 20 is worthless because it was supported by the NRA.

Go read it. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
In that case you just appeal it to a higher court, and if it goes to the State Supreme Court, it can be appealed to The US Supreme Court. As far as changing the State Constitution it is almost impossible to do based on how the Constitution was written. Seldom has a Constitution been changed.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Paladin4CA

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 04:14:15 PM »
In that case you just appeal it to a higher court, and if it goes to the State Supreme Court, it can be appealed to The US Supreme Court. As far as changing the State Constitution it is almost impossible to do based on how the Constitution was written. Seldom has a Constitution been changed.
Just because it "can be appealed" to the US Sup Ct, do NOT assume the US Sup Ct will take it....
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
I think they are beyond being devious. IMHO they are just scumbags and will push their distorted agenda anyway they can. I have absolutely no use for them.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE